F150 Flatbed - The Fernweh Mobile

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

escadventure

Rank 0

Contributor II

Very nice! Looks like you have plenty of storage also. What is the longest you have lived out of it?
Yeah, the main reason we built a vehicle with this design was for the storage space. Room for tools, table and chairs, walls for the awning, recovery gear. etc. It just works.

17 days - the longest we've lived out of it. The camper has solar and the bed is very comfortable, so it can definitely be a long term traveler. Hopefully one day to Tierra Del Fuego...

Reactions: Gunnermoose

escadventure

Rank 0

Contributor II

The back seat is removed and built a custom storage rack. No mods to the truck - it attaches to the seat and seatbelt mounts.

IMG_0010 3.JPG IMG_0001 6.JPG IMG_0053.jpg IMG_0010 4.jpg IMG_0002 5.jpg IMG_0001_4.JPG

escadventure

Rank 0

Contributor II

Do you carry gas in your cab? does it smell?
It's a tool box. In the end, I removed it and added another water jerry can in that rack.

BTW Gunner, we used to run a FJ Cruiser. Loved it. Had a RTT and awning with walls. Lived in Germany with it and camped everywhere for weeks at a time. Norway, France, the Alps. eastern Europe. In the end it was too small for us and we built the Fernweh-150

Gunnermoose

Rank V

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

It's a tool box. In the end, I removed it and added another water jerry can in that rack.

BTW Gunner, we used to run a FJ Cruiser. Loved it. Had a RTT and awning with walls. Lived in Germany with it and camped everywhere for weeks at a time. Norway, France, the Alps. eastern Europe. In the end it was too small for us and we built the Fernweh-150
Nice play on the tool box.

I have the OZ Tent Foxwing installed on mine and I have the walls. It is amazing how much room is actually under the awning with the walls attached. This past November a group of us went camping and it got real windy and cold. It was nice to sit with the protection of the walls and still enjoy camping. Add a Campfire-in-a-can and it was perfect.

Phone download 6-8-16 421.JPG Phone download 6-8-16 425.JPG

Four of us could sit under there and and still had plenty of room. I do have an RTT, but I am building a small trailer to house that on. I do like your truck though!

Reactions: escadventure