Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Newbie to OB and Overlanding in general. Planning to attend first my first Overland Expo next month to explore equipment options for my stock Rubi Recon, learn as much as I can, and meet as many like-minded folks as possible.

Since it's too late to register for camping onsite, any suggestions for nearby lodging would be welcomed.

Would like to join a convoy of OB members from the MD area.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Newbie to OB and Overlanding in general. Planning to attend first my first Overland Expo next month to explore equipment options for my stock Rubi Recon, learn as much as I can, and meet as many like-minded folks as possible.

Since it's too late to register for camping onsite, any suggestions for nearby lodging would be welcomed.

Howdy @Schake! We have a caravan heading down from NOVA/DC, where in MD are you?

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Ellicott City, west of Baltimore.
I'd like to learn the convoy details.
Nothing is planned out specifically yet, but there are several of us in Arlington and Alexandria. We will be meeting a larger group just out side of Asheville, so we can all roll in together and camp together. I believe there is a rally point for the meetup.

As for the caravan, check out the Northern VA/MD thread.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Have a great time at Overland Expo East!
You might want to check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OB and the East Region! There is more and more going on in the East Region as we grow and I hope to see you at some events! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Check out the Calendar and Rally Point Events to see if something peaks your interests.

If you are on Facebook look us up at the OB East Regional page (type in your OB Member # when asking to join.)

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Personally, I would say along the outer perimeter somewhere. Not to far from fire pits... but not to close either

[emoji16][emoji106]

Corey Webb

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Hey Guys! Hope all is well your way! I'll be attending my first Overland East this year. I'll be leaving from Atlanta. Anyone else here leaving from the Metro Atlanta and or North Georgia?
Where are Y'all Camping? When are you leaving to get there? I'll keep Reading, to see what everyone is doing.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Haha @NovaBound! Unfortunately the event fire pits won’t be in the camp area but a member we camped with last year brought a propane firepit that we enjoyed. I think it’s a safe guess it will return this year with overnight temps dipping into the 30’s.

Hey Guys! Hope all is well your way! I'll be attending my first Overland East this year. I'll be leaving from Atlanta. Anyone else here leaving from the Metro Atlanta and or North Georgia?
Where are Y'all Camping? When are you leaving to get there? I'll keep Reading, to see what everyone is doing.
Glad you can make it! Links to both the northeast caravan and the caravan rally point are already posted above. In another thread I suggested that someone from the South should organize a caravan. I haven’t checked to see if anyone actually did but with that said you’re certainly more than welcome to meet up with us at the rally point.

We will most likely be in the East Camp but are typically at the mercy of where they’ll park us when we arrive. If you don’t meet up with us at the rally point we will be easy to locate as there will be a number of us with OB flags flying in the air.

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

I wasn't going to go because of work and family stuff, but a lot of that has changed because of hurricanes and other stuff, so I'm seriously considering coming up Friday. There's a bunch of 'ifs' though.

1) if I can get out of town in time to make it before 6 and check in.
2) if my Disco is done in time - it's going in the shop for significant surgery on Monday and I don't know if it'll be done in time.

So - going to wait 'til the last minute to buy a pass and make up my mind, mainly posting so I'll follow the thread.

Edited to add...OR - NOT. Vehicle tix with camping are sold out... Too far to drive and not camp, or to camp off-site and miss the whole experience.

Maybe next year I can be able to plan ahead.

Last edited:

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

If unit is on table and not on the floor, unit will be allowed. My question is regarding cooking.. is there going to be a designated area to prepare or is it prohibited completely
0FB526C1-EFAC-4BB1-85B7-C35408308456.jpeg