Expedition Overland Central America

• HTML tutorial

4Runner

Rank 0

Traveler I

There was a bit more off road I the last episode, but it was sought out for that purpose and not really part of the route. I still think the best part is to come. I'm looking forward to the Darien Gap. This season isn't as good as the AK-YK series, but it's still the best show on overlanding that's out there.

Check out Mountain State Overland. Also Project 4runner. they are both on YouTube and they show tons of driving. Type in 4 states in 4 days or something. You'll be happy you did.

Reactions: Kelly and Steve

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Well, that was a great episode tonight. But it's looking too close to the end???

Keep on Jeepin' On!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kelly

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

This episode was the most enjoyable for me to watch, edging out the one with the medical clinic. Lots of off-road / bad road / used-to-be-a-road driving. It was fun to watch the change in the trails once they were soaked with rain. The quality of the production has steadily improved over the season(s). Still a bit too much like a product showcase for my liking, but I understand the need to satisfy sponsors.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I agree that this latest episode, 11, I think, had been the best. Lots of mud and off road stuff. It is looking like the end is near though. I know their goal is the Darien Gap, then they have to travel home, but I don't know if they are going to film the trip home or not. Either way it's been fairly entertaining so far.

I've watched an episode of Mountain State Overland. It wasn't bad but it didn't really catch my interest for whatever reason.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

they posted on their Instagram feed that the next episode will be the end. Last season only had 12 also ending the trip driving thru the Mackenzie Heritage Trail.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I just watched episode 12. I'm officially disappointed. I was holding out for final episode of battling through the Darien gap, building rafts to ford rivers and other awesome overland dream trip kind of stuff. Instead, there was a couple of boat rides. This season is officially a let down. I might re-watch AK-YK just for a pick me up. If they do a season 3 I hope there is more adventure and less pavement. I wouldn't mind a South American season. Especially if they focus a good amount of time in the Patagonia region I like mountains, pine trees and snow way more than jungles, palm trees and humidity. This season did confirm that I have no desire to drive south of Seqouia National Park. I'm not a fan of deserts and jungles. Not my thing.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan and Kelly

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

They had some serious help negotiating border crossings, dealing with officials, etc. just imagine if you or me tried that trip without all the corporate sponsorship and connections. We would still visiting Iron man Stewart in Mexico. :-)
I still like the show very much.

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
They had some serious help negotiating border crossings, dealing with officials, etc. just imagine if you or me tried that trip without all the corporate sponsorship and connections. We would still visiting Iron man Stewart in Mexico. :-)
I still like the show very much.
Chiming in here super late. What help are you referring to? Sponsors and connections played zero role in the borders or dealing with officials. I spent a great deal of time preparing for the requirements of each border via ioverlander, books and previous trips through those countries and for the most part we had a smooth transit along the way. The one border we had a hangup had to do with cameras and not any preparedness on our end. Fwiw.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Chiming in here super late. What help are you referring to? Sponsors and connections played zero role in the borders or dealing with officials. I spent a great deal of time preparing for the requirements of each border via ioverlander, books and previous trips through those countries and for the most part we had a smooth transit along the way. The one border we had a hangup had to do with cameras and not any preparedness on our end. Fwiw.
Kurt, I've yet to travel south of the border loaded up in my rig for a trip but some of the best moments on last season was watching you prep the boys on what to expect and what to do crossing borders, country to country. You're a pro in biz and hope you're gonna be there for season 3.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Good fun this. Here in Europe we had borders all over, and still there are some border crossing we have to do now. Even due Schengen we can cross most without even knowing.
But I can understand that you people in the USA arent very common to borders.
It is Always a hussle. Try to go to the UK.
Or go to Morocco. That takes some time, and if you accept some help (little money) the crossing into Morocco goes pretty smooth.

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
Kurt, I've yet to travel south of the border loaded up in my rig for a trip but some of the best moments on last season was watching you prep the boys on what to expect and what to do crossing borders, country to country. You're a pro in biz and hope you're gonna be there for season 3.
I appreciate the kind words. I've had a great time traveling with the XO crew, solid folks!

We did a fun trip with Toyota this summer, check it out:

Watch for a 3-part series on our most recent trip coming soon :cool: