Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
**PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS IN MESSENGER IF ATTENDING**
To not clutter this thread---- NOV 3-4-5 I will be hosting a small Rolling M&G. I will be departing after work (from Venus), making my way down to Lake Whitney (entrance gates lock at 10PM) to stay the night (FREE). Saturday morning, 11AM, depart for Navarro Mills Lake and stay the night (FREE). Sunday morning, I will be taking the squiggly lines North, homeward. Expect over 150 miles of Back Roads of Texas Saturday and Sunday. An Additional 80+ if you follow me Friday afternoon.
----DONT OVER THINK IT----
Each vehicle will be responsible for all their own food, fuel, electricity, sleeping, cooking and restroom accommodations. There is fuel at the entrance of the first nights stay. Fuel is available in Hubbard along the way.
Vehicle requirements--- STREET LEGAL --- that's it, this is not a challenge run.
Public property camp sites.
Family Friendly! (Pets are Family)
Comms along the way--HAM and/or CB
Camping (Rendezvous) locations will be given VIA Messenger Chat.
Route will be provided upon arrival Friday night. KML version is what will be available.
The last time I hosted this run, I had 7 vehicles, plenty of space.
If I see that a large amount of vehicles will be attending this, there will be 2 separate groups, with the same route, being run opposite directions.
I understand some will have questions. Please, feel free to be anxious and ask these question when you arrive at camp Friday night.
Looking forward to seeing the folks we met last month.....

I am allowed to work this weekend again and will not be making the meet in Grapevine. Sorry

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

don't forget tomorrow, 6 to 9 pm is our dfw get together at uncle bucks in grapevine, if you haven't let us know you are coming yet please post how many

Reactions: ntx377

Dark Path

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flower Mound, TX
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Drew
Member #

don't forget tomorrow, 6 to 9 pm is our dfw get together at uncle bucks in grapevine, if you haven't let us know you are coming yet please post how many
Sorry I missed this one, had some stuff come up last minute.
Please post when the next one will be!

Hope everyone had a good time!
Maybe we need to take and post more pics of our events?
That always seems to draw lots of attention!

- Tony

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Tony we did have a good time. Smaller group this time, alot of people out of town, but it was a better opportunity to get to know each other. Next one is oct 21, the 3rd saturday. We may be missing some due to the Ozark get together that same weekend
If you are interested, some where in this thread it was discussed. Also in November the southwest region is having a get together in november and if you cant make that a few of us are getting together around lake whitney..thats also in this thread somewhere. When i have time i will try to find all the info and post it. Right now im going to bed!

UpirLichy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

The Colony, TX
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Deans
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5TEX
Hey Everyone, Im going to try to make it out to the next meet and greet in Oct.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

We are going to try and make the one in October. I know we are itching like crazy to hit the trails and head into the forest. Planning on camping the second weekend of October... but if the weather is decent, I cant promise we wouldn't head out again the following weekend.

Reactions: Marty clock

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I have posted the Rolling meet and greet in the Rally Point.
Looks like fun! Wish we could make it but our daughter just started Volleyball, so our Saturdays are busy until 11/11. :(

The downside is it's only an hour.. So we can still do Saturday overnights for now, but those will probably just be local.

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

I'd really like to tag along on a trip to big bend here pretty soon. The last weekend in October just opened wide up for me. Anything planned around the 28th?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk