Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
I asked on the RP event thread, but, have the past been Show and Shine style, Dinner and Conversation, or both? Asking to know if I'm bringing my steak, or ordering it???
Either way, I'm good at both.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I asked on the RP event thread, but, have the past been Show and Shine style, Dinner and Conversation, or both? Asking to know if I'm bringing my steak, or ordering it???
A little of both last time at Buck's. We ate / drank / conversed first, then went out and checked out each other's rigs for a while before leaving.

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Good thing they're keeping y'all separated from regular folk. . . I may just be coming through Grapevine about then, but it might be a day or two too early. If so, though, mind if I stop by? I'll know for sure by Thurs night.
anytime

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

do you think you can make it, and if so how many?

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Sorry, I can't make this one.
Glad to see these meet-ups are becoming a regular occurrence!

So when and where is the next trip for the group...gotta get the wheels turning! :)
We should start planning something now.
you should come to the one this saturday

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

we had 23 tonight. some new faces. It was great getting to visit with everyone. saw some great ideas on rigs. everybody has something different to share. Laud has offered to plan a rolling meet and greet, he has done these before. it will be the first weekend in November. we will meet somewhere then travel to a camping area for Friday night. next morning we hit the road and end up at a second campsite for Saturday. hit the road Sunday and end up back in dfw Sunday night. off pavement as much as possible. Of course you could come in late Friday or meet us Saturday morning, leave early if you need to be back by a certain time. details will come later but you can mark your calendar now.
several people have said we need to plan a trip. My suggestion to the group tonight was that anyone who has the ability and desire to lead a trip should put a trip together and share it with the group so anyone who wants to go to that place at that time can get with you. or if there is a place you want to plan a trip for, let the group know and those who would like to go can get with you and figure out a time you can all go.
great time tonight. thanks to everyone who came. For those who couldn't make it, hope to see you next time.

Reactions: matty