Event Cancelled - DFW Meet and Greet

• HTML tutorial

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

we had 23 tonight. some new faces. It was great getting to visit with everyone. saw some great ideas on rigs. everybody has something different to share. Laud has offered to plan a rolling meet and greet, he has done these before. it will be the first weekend in November. we will meet somewhere then travel to a camping area for Friday night. next morning we hit the road and end up at a second campsite for Saturday. hit the road Sunday and end up back in dfw Sunday night. off pavement as much as possible. Of course you could come in late Friday or meet us Saturday morning, leave early if you need to be back by a certain time. details will come later but you can mark your calendar now.
several people have said we need to plan a trip. My suggestion to the group tonight was that anyone who has the ability and desire to lead a trip should put a trip together and share it with the group so anyone who wants to go to that place at that time can get with you. or if there is a place you want to plan a trip for, let the group know and those who would like to go can get with you and figure out a time you can all go.
great time tonight. thanks to everyone who came. For those who couldn't make it, hope to see you next time.
That sounds like a fantastic time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dark Path

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flower Mound, TX
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Drew
Member #

we had 23 tonight. some new faces. It was great getting to visit with everyone. saw some great ideas on rigs. everybody has something different to share. Laud has offered to plan a rolling meet and greet, he has done these before. it will be the first weekend in November. we will meet somewhere then travel to a camping area for Friday night. next morning we hit the road and end up at a second campsite for Saturday. hit the road Sunday and end up back in dfw Sunday night. off pavement as much as possible. Of course you could come in late Friday or meet us Saturday morning, leave early if you need to be back by a certain time. details will come later but you can mark your calendar now.
several people have said we need to plan a trip. My suggestion to the group tonight was that anyone who has the ability and desire to lead a trip should put a trip together and share it with the group so anyone who wants to go to that place at that time can get with you. or if there is a place you want to plan a trip for, let the group know and those who would like to go can get with you and figure out a time you can all go.
great time tonight. thanks to everyone who came. For those who couldn't make it, hope to see you next time.
Thanks Marty for planning a great event!
I met a bunch of great people.
And to my amazement, have watched all the same youtube vids I enjoy watching! :)
I'm hoping we can all get a few adventures in soon!
See everyone next month!
- Tony

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Had a good time as usual, and it was nice to meet even more new faces. Look forward to the possibility of a trip as described.

Had a great time as usual.. Wish I enjoyed the rest of the night but I got a bit dizzy messing around in the garage afterwards, lost my footing and caught my head on something on the way down to the ground. Fortunately I have a thick melon so the damage shouldn't be permanent. My wife might even say it could only be an improvement. :p

FB_IMG_1503292246112.jpg

FB_IMG_1503292264026.jpg

FB_IMG_1503292256280.jpg

FB_IMG_1503292204607.jpg

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Had a good time as usual, and it was nice to meet even more new faces. Look forward to the possibility of a trip as described.

Had a great time as usual.. Wish I enjoyed the rest of the night but I got a bit dizzy messing around in the garage afterwards, lost my footing and caught my head on something on the way down to the ground. Fortunately I have a thick melon so the damage shouldn't be permanent. My wife might even say it could only be an improvement. :p

View attachment 32447

View attachment 32448

View attachment 32449

View attachment 32450
Chili what did you say to her to make her so mad. Lol

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Just curious, have the past been Show and Shines, or dinner and conversation. Trying to figure out if I am bringing or ordering my steak...... I'm good either way... Almost sure, I will make it.

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Just curious, have the past been Show and Shines, or dinner and conversation. Trying to figure out if I am bringing or ordering my steak...... I'm good either way... Almost sure, I will make it.
Not sure what show and shine is but they have been pretty much what you experienced last time. What ideas have you come up with for the rolling meet and greet.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
What ideas have you come up with for the rolling meet and greet.
I have a route that gives us two free overnight locations with approx 85 miles of backroads between them. This run takes approx 5 hours with photo stops and whatnot.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
After our Harvey Relief Effort, over Labor Day Weekend, I will be putting together a Rolling Meet and Greet for the DFW area (and anybody else wanting to attend), the first part of November. If the group enjoys it, I will share with all. If its a dud, it will be dismissed.

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Looks like pretty decent turnout for the DFW area. I'm in Longview but I'd love to make the next one and meet up with a few guys. Also interested in the trip in November. Let me know when the dates are hammered down.

Reactions: Marty clock