Hunterown

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sanford, NC, USA
First Name
Hunter
Last Name
Owen
I have 3 boys that I will be taking camping soon. I want to minimize the amount of screen time,while maximizing their time enjoying this trip.

Any one have any sugestions On how you keep your little guys entertained?

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
We do geocache. If that isn't available you can Google nature scavenger hunt and look for the plants trees birds etc.

My son is 7 and he is a bikeaholic. We trail ride alot.

I let him help with splitting wood anf setting up the fire. He isn't allowed to play with it once it is lit though.

We do alot of compass and map games and binoculars are a big hit.

He enjoys using walkie talkies.

Of course a playground helps,but if one isn't available frisbee and nerf guns are great.

Reactions: Hunterown

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
No playing with fire!!!!!! Come on dad!!! Haha

Thanks for The ideas!
That is mom's call. He is smart enough to know better...but I just follow the rules...no fire play lol

I also got my son a note book.

The kindergarten kind with lines for making proper letters and a picture drawing section at top

I have him draw what he sees or what we did and write a story or description.

Helps him with his spelling and I get an interesting insight to what makes him happy...or unfortunately sometimes sad.

We do orienteering and at night check the sky for navigation lessons. And those handy binoculars keep him scanning for stuff I can not see.

We usually have a bow and arrow and the BB gun for when we get off somewhere to target shoot.

In the winter we always have a sled in the truck.

Starting to get him involved in cooking. One thing I wish my mother wouldn't have shielded me from was how to cook. I have learned some from my wife...i just want my son to know it is a talent not a job.