Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Shanahan
Member #

Alright, folks, this may be a weird question. I recently parked my 06 grand cherokee due to a backorder on parts. I recently purchased a 14 wrangler unlimited sport. I was curious if anyone swapped over emblems or just ordered new ones. When I originally joined this awesome community, I did get 2 emblems. Can 2 rigs run the same numbers?

The Grand cherokee will be back, just unsure how long she'll be down

Attachments

Reactions: KD7WCD and TrlMixx

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Napa, Napa County, California, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
Alright, folks, this may be a weird question. I recently parked my 06 grand cherokee due to a backorder on parts. I recently purchased a 14 wrangler unlimited sport. I was curious if anyone swapped over emblems or just ordered new ones. When I originally joined this awesome community, I did get 2 emblems. Can 2 rigs run the same numbers?

@Kent R, Do you know the answer to this question?

@The_Great_White_Wk, Nice purchase on the 2014 JKU… looks like mine!

Reactions: The_Great_White_Wk

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD

Seems to the number goes with the member not the vehicle. I've had the same number for 3 vehicles now. Because of a misshapen way back when the badge were first produced I needed up with an extra one. I also have one from investing in the organization so I have not had to reapply an old one. I got to think there is a good 3M tape out there for this.

I can tell you the best way to get the emblem off is to use a heat gun to warm the backing up then a piece of dental floss to cut it off. I did this it it came off clean with no damage to the paint.

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Michael will hound you down like a fox.

If he's merciful, he will send Kent to set you straight.

But really, you are the member, not your rig. Heat and isopropyl alcohol work great to remove decals, VHT can be used to attach wherever.