Eh-llo from Ontario, Canada!

• HTML tutorial
Hi!

My name is Nick, I'm fairly new to the Overlanding community, being introduced to the ideology in the last year. I've always been an avid outdoorsman, from camping, hiking, kayaking, fishing, hunting, etc. A friend of mine recently purchased a 2016 JKU, and since we've been exploring more and more areas that are less travelled and explored to really discover what's out there. As much as I would have liked to have followed in his steps and get a JKU for myself, I settled with a '16 Jeep Patriot High Altitude 4x4. It's been a great learning vehicle, forcing me to really make do with what I have and understanding limitations. That said, this vehicle has surpassed our expectations many times, getting us into and out of sticky situations.

We recently completed a 5500 km trip, leaving Ontario, Canada, cruising the St Lawrence coast to make our way through Gaspésie, P.E.I., Magdalen Islands (WOW!, definitely worth visiting), Nova Scotia (the Cabot trail is a must!) and New Brunswick (the beach lines along the Hopewell Rocks area is tons of fun to drive). This trip definitely gave us an appetite to tackle bigger and longer trips, exploring remote areas as much as possible.

Here are a few photos of that trip:

Taken close to l'Isle Verte, in Québec. We pit stopped here to eat supper at a lookout overseeing the St Lawrence.

We stopped by as many piers as we could to visit the lighthouses. Very nice calming sights!

Although we mostly drove paved roads, we certainly took advantage of situations where we could visit some secluded spots.

This is one of the many views that explains our love for the Magdalen Islands.

The all-famous Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia.

A bit of beach camping in New Brunswick.

One of our highlights was definitely our last crown land camping stop, right on a beach of the Bay of Fundy. This area is known for being one of the highest tides in the world (50'). In the morning we had a nice surprise when the tide went down; roads and "islands" appeared. We certainly took the opportunity to go play around.

I look forward to more and more adventures in the future!
We have set ourselves with the ultimate goal of driving to Alaska.... Yes, we too are fans of Expedition Overland.

Cheers,
Nick

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi!

My name is Nick, I'm fairly new to the Overlanding community, being introduced to the ideology in the last year. I've always been an avid outdoorsman, from camping, hiking, kayaking, fishing, hunting, etc. A friend of mine recently purchased a 2016 JKU, and since we've been exploring more and more areas that are less travelled and explored to really discover what's out there. As much as I would have liked to have followed in his steps and get a JKU for myself, I settled with a '16 Jeep Patriot High Altitude 4x4. It's been a great learning vehicle, forcing me to really make do with what I have and understanding limitations. That said, this vehicle has surpassed our expectations many times, getting us into and out of sticky situations.

We recently completed a 5500 km trip, leaving Ontario, Canada, cruising the St Lawrence coast to make our way through Gaspésie, P.E.I., Magdalen Islands (WOW!, definitely worth visiting), Nova Scotia (the Cabot trail is a must!) and New Brunswick (the beach lines along the Hopewell Rocks area is tons of fun to drive). This trip definitely gave us an appetite to tackle bigger and longer trips, exploring remote areas as much as possible.

Taken close to l'Isle Verte, in Québec. We pit stopped here to eat supper at a lookout overseeing the St Lawrence.

We stopped by as many piers as we could to visit the lighthouses. Very nice calming sights!

Although we mostly drove paved roads, we certainly took advantage of situations where we could visit some secluded spots.

One of our highlights was definitely our last crown land camping stop, right on a beach of the Bay of Fundy. This area is known for being one of the highest tides in the world (50'). In the morning we had a nice surprise when the tide went down; roads and "islands" appeared. We certainly took the opportunity to go play around.

We have set ourselves with the ultimate goal of driving to Alaska.... Yes, we too are fans of Expedition Overland.

Cheers,
Nick
Hi Nick and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi!

Cheers,
Nick
Hello Nick and welcome to the OB crew..good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Welcome aboard Nick!
Looks like a great trip, beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing with us! Benz.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hello and welcome to the OB Team from Louisiana. Nice setup on the Renegade. See you on the trails one day and enjoy the outdoors.