Eastern VA Monthly Meetup

• HTML tutorial

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Where were you? I met Scifi79 and his daughter. We looked around but didn't know who we were looking for. We were parked on SE side away from everyone else.
My apologies...

Got there, looked around, Then had something else pop up. Had to bug out. I’ll do a better job next time.

Sent from space using MyphoneOB Talk

Reactions: Scifi79

Scifi79

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Providence Forge, New Kent County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

It was good to meet you today Tacoma Jim. We need to work on the planning a bit lol. December is always a busy month so if anyone has any ideas for a January meet location that would be great. Mr. Jim mentioned how active the western VA guys are maybe we can plan to join them on a trip summer of 2018. Also the big question we both had does any one know of any legal local spots for a little off road?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
It was good to meet you today Tacoma Jim. We need to work on the planning a bit lol. December is always a busy month so if anyone has any ideas for a January meet location that would be great. Mr. Jim mentioned how active the western VA guys are maybe we can plan to join them on a trip summer of 2018. Also the big question we both had does any one know of any legal local spots for a little off road?

It was nice meeting you and your daughter too. I will purchase a OB flag for next time. Yes, does anyone know of a local spot. I have been working on the truck and would like some place to engage the 4 wheel drive and check performance and for leaks before I go out in the middle of nowhere. I am also interested in local 4x4 shops that anyone has dealt with. I have been dealing with one and I am not impressed with them so far. Would like to know of other businesses in the area.

Update: Flag purchased!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hafaday

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

What’s happening Guy’s?

I do not no of any local wheeling in the Richmond area .

That said, I am choking down some Mc’donalds now at a stoping point on the way back from the mountains. Getting a lil day run in.

Scifi79

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Providence Forge, New Kent County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

What’s happening Guy’s?

I do not no of any local wheeling in the Richmond area .

That said, I am choking down some Mc’donalds now at a stoping point on the way back from the mountains. Getting a lil day run in.

So jealous!!!! Safe travels

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

So jealous!!!! Safe travels

Nothing to be jealous about. Im irritated at myself.... 1st time out this year.

Normally if I plan something it always gets jacked up. If I wake up and wanna go, it usually pans out.

Couple more. Trail is Peters mill.

Reactions: Scifi79

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Normally if I plan something it always gets jacked up. If I wake up and wanna go, it usually pans out.

How challenging is it now? I haven't been there in about 15 years. I took a stock 85 S-10 through it back then.

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

How challenging is it now? I haven't been there in about 15 years. I took a stock 85 S-10 through it back then.
Still easy peasy.. maybe a little more rutted up due to the 4-wheelers and Side x sides. Smooth in some places. Rough and rocky in others.

I want to go. I may have to make it a day trip. Anyone going to camp?

Found a 4x4 shop and set up an appointment next week to have the rock sliders welded on and new Bilstein shocks w/lift.
Cool. If I go, it will be a day trip. Who is doing your work on the sliders?

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
Still easy peasy.. maybe a little more rutted up due to the 4-wheelers and Side x sides. Smooth in some places. Rough and rocky in others.

Cool. If I go, it will be a day trip. Who is doing your work on the sliders?
Davis Offroad.
9011 Jefferson Davis Highway
Richmond, Virginia 23237

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ

Got any more info on this trail? That looks like a good place to check out some time.

What we're talking about right now is getting to the flea market early and then heading to a local Beer and BBQ joint around 3 or so to hang out. I've still got some details to find out, but the BROG guys have a farm that they let people use for camping. I'm not 100% sure if I'll camp, but if anyone wants to, let me know and I'll check about space and get you contact info.

Also, the Peaks of Otter campground isn't far from Bedford either.