bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
Spoke with the owner of Union Jacks and he loved the idea. Before I create the event what is everyones opinion on May 29th? Most people will have a 3 day weekend and I will definitely be camping Sunday night and possibly Saturday night as well.

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

Spoke with the owner of Union Jacks and he loved the idea. Before I create the event what is everyones opinion on May 29th? Most people will have a 3 day weekend and I will definitely be camping Sunday night and possibly Saturday night as well.
I can plan to be there

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Sounds great. I hope I can make it. Glad to see some ET folks wanting to get together.

Reactions: Ronin1057

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

Sounds great. I hope I can make it. Glad to see some ET folks wanting to get together.
Yeah I agree, they’re all sorts of group meet ups out west. It’ll be great when we can get something going out here. Is there any places you know of our in vonore? Tellico lake area?

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
There are a couple of places to meetup on the lake. Fort Loudon State Park and Sequoia Birthplace Museum. Both are nice to tour if you have never been. If we want to eat there is Pizza Venti in town or we can grill out at Fort Loudon. Just let me know if I can help with the meet up.

knx.rnr

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

I thought the point of adding a thread to your watch list was that you would get notifications when people post. I guess I was wrong :tearsofjoy:

Did you ask what the best time to meet there would be? Every time I drive by it's packed in the evenings. I have a feeling that once it's posted that it's gonna gain some traction.

Ben Wootten

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lots of "new to the scene" people on here. Who would be interested in taking a class or two on off-road driving techniques and/or winch and recovery?
I have two facilities (Cosby, TN and Staunton, VA) where I teach classes and am always looking for new students, especially small groups (4 vehicles is ideal). Check out www.classic4x4llc.com for more info. Most of May and part of June is currently available.

Binarylandscapes

Rank I

Member I

Sunbright, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Lots of "new to the scene" people on here. Who would be interested in taking a class or two on off-road driving techniques and/or winch and recovery?
I have two facilities (Cosby, TN and Staunton, VA) where I teach classes and am always looking for new students, especially small groups (4 vehicles is ideal). Check out www.classic4x4llc.com for more info. Most of May and part of June is currently available.
I actually would once I get my winch installed. I am no stranger to off roading but would love to understand more the Discovery 5 4x4 system and best ways to make use of it along with winching as that is new to me.

Contributor II

East Tennessee
First Name
James
Last Name
vvvvv
Looks like you are doing some work with Randalls Adventure. I took their Land Nav course as a refresher a few years ago in Alabama. Solid outfit!

WhatThaFrig

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Dull
Member #

Hey everyone! Who all is from East TN? I live in Knoxville and am fairly new to the overlanding scene. Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you in the future!
I believe we met last night at the meet. I was in the white JKU

Reactions: knx.rnr

knx.rnr

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Hey everyone! Who all is from East TN? I live in Knoxville and am fairly new to the overlanding scene. Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you in the future!
I believe we met last night at the meet. I was in the white JKU
Yep, that was me! It was good to meet you!

Last edited: