Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

I went deep down a rabbit hole.. Here are some events I've come across. I thought listing them out would be a good idea until it hit me that there's going to be 1000 Jeep events that I won't know about. So with that said, I am in no way associated with any of the events listed below and they are subject to change at any time. I did leave off some events that seemed to be less "overlanding". If you have any suggestions of events I should add or remove from the list, post it and I'll make some updates. Some of the events listed have a registration window that has already closed, but I still wanted to include them.

• March 12th-14th
    2021 Southeast Overlanders Camping Trip/Meet & Greet
    Facebook Event

• March 13th
    Tellico River Cleanup

Facebook Event

• March 18th-21st
    Titan Offroad Shamrock Shakedown

Facebook Page

• March 20th
    Country & Off-Road Night: Ice Bears vs Birmingham
    Facebook Event

• March 26th
    3rd Annual Overland Objective Kickoff Rally
    Facebook Event
    Registration

• March 26th-28th
    Ladiejeepers.com 2021 Extravaganza Event
    Facebook Event

• April 9th-11th
    Wander Offroad and Explor Overland Spring Kickback at Windrock

Facebook Event

• April 25th
    Harper Auto Square's Cars & Coffee
    Facebook Event

• April 29th
    Jeep Adventure Academy

Website

• April 30th - May 2nd
    Smoky Mountain Overland Rally
    Registration
    Website

• April 30th - May 2nd
    Southern Four Wheel Drive Association (SFWDA) Trailfest 2021
    Website

• May 6th-8th
    Tennessee Mountains Jeep Jamboree
    Website

• May 28th
    Kentucky Adventure Tour Ride
    Facebook Event

• June 3rd
    ROAM4LO Windrock Overland Tour

Website

• June 14th-19th
    STLCA Great Smokey Mountain Trial Ride

Website

• June 23rd-27th
    Windrock Park Jeepster Jam

Website

• September 1st-7th
    Appalachian Toyota Roundup

Website

• September 16th-19th
    6th Annual 70 Series Land Cruisers Meet and Greet at Windrock Park

• September 20th-24th
    WENTWINDROCK

Website

• September 25th
    ROAM4LO Chattanooga Cruise
    Website

• October 1st-3rd
    SFWDA Dixie Run
    Facebook Page

• October 8th-10th
    Overland Expo East

Website

• October 8th-10th
    Bleepin Jeep Fan Ride at Windrock Park

• October 21st-24th
    Cruisers on the Rocks (Inaugural Event)

Website

Last edited:

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
I'm located in Knoxville as well.

Started working on my Tacoma last year and been exploring some in east Tennessee and western North Carolina. Headed down to Cherokee National Forest tonight for a couple days. Need to hit up some of these events and meet some new people.

knx.rnr

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

I'm located in Knoxville as well.

Started working on my Tacoma last year and been exploring some in east Tennessee and western North Carolina. Headed down to Cherokee National Forest tonight for a couple days. Need to hit up some of these events and meet some new people.
I've explored the northern part of Cherokee NF but haven't made it into the lower portion yet. Found a couple good spots so far. I've got to build a good camping set up because I have little to nothing right now.

I've been trying to find a good spot around town where there's a large lot at a coffee shop or brewery we could have meetups, but I've not found much so far. There's a couple that have peaked my interest, but I haven't called to see if they would allow it.

Reactions: Ronin1057

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
I've explored the northern part of Cherokee NF but haven't made it into the lower portion yet. Found a couple good spots so far. I've got to build a good camping set up because I have little to nothing right now.

I've been trying to find a good spot around town where there's a large lot at a coffee shop or brewery we could have meetups, but I've not found much so far. There's a couple that have peaked my interest, but I haven't called to see if they would allow it.
I'm going to start tracking everything in GaiaGPS so hopefully can start sharing some tracks now. I grew up in McMinn County so it'll be nice to get back down that way. I decided to try a Tepui roof top tent and then it was down hill from there with camping gear... fast too.

What about Schulz Brau? The parking lot right across the street we use has some decent space in it along with parking along the road.

knx.rnr

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

I'm going to start tracking everything in GaiaGPS so hopefully can start sharing some tracks now. I grew up in McMinn County so it'll be nice to get back down that way. I decided to try a Tepui roof top tent and then it was down hill from there with camping gear... fast too.

What about Schulz Brau? The parking lot right across the street we use has some decent space in it along with parking along the road.
That's one of the places I've looked at. Are you talking about the health department parking lot? Here's my question on meeting at a brewery. Would we have to be inside the brewery and not out with our trucks where we can look them over and talk about our setups? I've only been to one meetup and it was more of an event, so I'm not sure how a more casual one would be. Any input would be great. I know there are a bunch of people that would like to do meetups so we need to get something going. The old Bearden Beer Market rally point seems to be dead, and there isn't anywhere to park there anyway. I reached out to the people at Rigs and Coffee, but haven't heard anything back yet.

whododat

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TN
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Jim
Grainger County, Rutledge here. The wife and I are looking for place to go, mainly light trails. Might have to wait until pup gets past her car sickness though!!

knx.rnr

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Barnard
Member #

Grainger County, Rutledge here. The wife and I are looking for place to go, mainly light trails. Might have to wait until pup gets past her car sickness though!!
Nice! Have you ever been to Chuck Swan? It's no too far from you and should be an easy ride, you'll just need to make sure it's not closed for hunting and all that before you go.

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

Schulz breau is a good suggestion, I think we could work out some details for a trip and discuss what gear everyone has while we’re there and then check out everyone’s setups. For a 2-3 nighter that would be a good test on stuff you need or want and stuff you may have that you may not use.

Reactions: bhayes423

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
Alright, we need to make this happen.

What are some dates that you all had in mind? April through May is kinda crazy for me with a lot of travel but could make a weekend work. I don't mind getting something started.. I think we could gather enough interest.

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
I’m sitting at Union Jacks and this would be perfect. They re-did their patio / outside area and it’s pretty sweet. Plenty of parking right next to the patio too. To top it off I’m friends with one of the owners.

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

I’m sitting at Union Jacks and this would be perfect. They re-did their patio / outside area and it’s pretty sweet. Plenty of parking right next to the patio too. To top it off I’m friends with one of the owners.
Sounds good to me , I’ve been wanting to try that place out. When would a good day be for you guys

bhayes423

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Knoxville
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Hayes
I've got a crazy couple weeks coming up. Traveling to Phoenix and all over the north east to coach soccer with a 17 day road trip out west in between. I'm free easter weekend to do something.

If we set a date for end of May ( when I'm freed up ) or June I could get a little social media campaign, along with a Rally Point here, to attract some more people. Somebody come up with a catchy name and I'll get one of the designers at work to create a logo and we can be official lol