Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

UPDATE 2/8/19: The Spring Meetup has 3 OPEN SPOTS as of 10am. Please DM Sean Hank Haney or Chris Jones if you after you RSVP to one of these 3 openings so we can forward you some information.

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
I cannot follow the link to create a crew, the website won't let me.

*Please* sign me up.

WE ROME
Mac Kirkpatrick
drbeemer73@gmail.com
Glenmoore, PA
610/715-6530

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Who on this thread is unable to camp due to 30 rig cap ? I know a few camp sites in and around wharton state forest. Maybe we can set something up and tag along the main group for the treck.
We have a solution to that issue but we are waiting for all 30 who are going to finish reserving their site. We want to keep folks as close to the group as possible.

Forjas

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

The World
First Name
Felipe
Last Name
Nascimento
Member #

And it looks like my plans have changed and I will be able to attend this.

So please put me on the wait list or I’m glad to camp closeby on the secondary group.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

And it looks like my plans have changed and I will be able to attend this.

So please put me on the wait list or I’m glad to camp closeby on the secondary group.
Second group info coming out Friday! It won't include the tour due to limitations that we were asked to keep by OK4WD but everything else will be available.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

If you RSVPed as going and have not reserved your campsite yet you need to do so. We will be announcing the camping area we are in and you risk not having a campsite. If you don't know what I'm talking about then please check your inbox. Detailed instructions were sent out to all who are going a month ago.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

EVENT UPDATE:

Here's the deal. As stated before, we are limited to the number of rigs at OK 4WD. That being said, we are opening up registration for Friday - Sunday at Wharton State Forest. Base camp is at GODFREY BRIDGE CAMPGROUND and there are several sites left available. Once these are all reserved, overflow will be at BATONA CAMPGROUND which is a few miles down the trail. If you wish to register for a site here is the link to do so: https://www.njportal.com/DEP/NJOutdoors/Park/Details?locationId=19

Each site will accommodate 2 rigs or 1 rig and a trailer and a max of 6 people.
Please read the campground rules for any other questions you may have.

In addition the Trail cleanup portion of the event will be on Saturday. Feel free to come for the day, hit some trails, meet some OB members and give a helping hand to the trail clean up efforts!

Reactions: Scout and Jeff B

dorianjoseph

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rhode Island, USA
First Name
Dorian
Last Name
Costa
Member #

Says it reached maximum limit, however if there is anyway I can squeeze in I’d love to come and meet some of you guys. If someone could let me know, thanks !!!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Says it reached maximum limit, however if there is anyway I can squeeze in I’d love to come and meet some of you guys. If someone could let me know, thanks !!!
There are still sites available at Godfrey Bridge and Batona camping areas. This is the link to register your site for Friday - Sunday: Campground Reservations

As far as the Thursday night into Friday morning tour of OK 4WD... this is full. It would be great to meet you at the camping area on Friday afternoon!

Reactions: dorianjoseph

dorianjoseph

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rhode Island, USA
First Name
Dorian
Last Name
Costa
Member #

There are still sites available at Godfrey Bridge and Batona camping areas. This is the link to register your site for Friday - Sunday: Campground Reservations

As far as the Thursday night into Friday morning tour of OK 4WD... this is full. It would be great to meet you at the camping area on Friday afternoon!
Awesome, thank you ! I’ll definitely try and make it

Overland Commander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Woodstock, Cherokee County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Randell
Last Name
Beck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2QMS - The Commander
Service Branch
USN
COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE EVENT

Hi everybody - we are going to test run the new Overland Bound Communications Plan on this event. The way it will work is this:

As you get into the area, we will be monitoring the OB calling freqs. Ham: 146.4650; CB ch16; GMRS ch 15.

These channels will be utilized for the weekend for all coordination and hailing purposes. Base Camp will monitor them.

During the trail runs, each group will have a trail boss leading the run and providing primary comms for the group net on a designated freq. They will also have a tail gunner at the rear of the convoy, providing safety overwatch and secondary comms.

The channels for each group will be published in a comms plan prior to the event, and we will brief the plan at the campfire Friday night, and opn Saturday morning for each group specifically.

Emergency calls will be cell phone 911, as we should have coverage throughout that area.

See you on Friday at the fire!

Randy
KD2QMS

Alec Townsend

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collingswood NJ
Member #

COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE EVENT

Hi everybody - we are going to test run the new Overland Bound Communications Plan on this event. The way it will work is this:

As you get into the area, we will be monitoring the OB calling freqs. Ham: 146.4650; CB ch16; GMRS ch 15.

These channels will be utilized for the weekend for all coordination and hailing purposes. Base Camp will monitor them.

During the trail runs, each group will have a trail boss leading the run and providing primary comms for the group net on a designated freq. They will also have a tail gunner at the rear of the convoy, providing safety overwatch and secondary comms.

The channels for each group will be published in a comms plan prior to the event, and we will brief the plan at the campfire Friday night, and opn Saturday morning for each group specifically.

Emergency calls will be cell phone 911, as we should have coverage throughout that area.

See you on Friday at the fire!

Randy
KD2QMS
Comms cards!! Former 25U Back to my military commo times , good stuff!