Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tahoe, United States
First Name
suzanne
Last Name
manugian
Member #

Yeah, I think this could work out for our schedule. You gonna make me go up and over Sonoran pass. Sheesh - my little Taco can't handle that kind of extended high-grade route!

Reactions: Advtres

CemenTRDgen

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

Yeah, I think this could work out for our schedule. You gonna make me go up and over Sonoran pass. Sheesh - my little Taco can't handle that kind of extended high-grade route!
You could make it interesting and take Ebbets Pass Hwy 4 and then take 5N02 Beardsley Dam Road from Hwy 4 at Sourgrass to 108 near Beardsley Reservoir. You would need to go 8 miles down the mountain to Cold Springs for fuel but it could be an fun alternate route instead of Sonora Pass.

CemenTRDgen

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

Trip update: 4WD in Motion club went up over the weekend and cleared the trail with the USFS so the trail should be open soon.
There is still a forest order in place for Eagle Meadows Road that is in effect until July 14th https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd1117498.pdf
Sometimes they open up the first gate at the highway but don't open the second gate until later. Where I planned to camp is past the second gate, so if that isn't open yet for the trip I have a couple alternate spots.

Reactions: baldr_theblue

Jeep n Joe

Rank V

Advocate III

Stanislaus County, California, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Vona
Member #

Trip update: 4WD in Motion club went up over the weekend and cleared the trail with the USFS so the trail should be open soon.
There is still a forest order in place for Eagle Meadows Road that is in effect until July 14th https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd1117498.pdf
Sometimes they open up the first gate at the highway but don't open the second gate until later. Where I planned to camp is past the second gate, so if that isn't open yet for the trip I have a couple alternate spots.
The section of trail before pecker head rock is even more washed out than years past. It's still passable, but definitely will test your butt pucker meter.

baldr_theblue

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tahoe, United States
First Name
suzanne
Last Name
manugian
Member #

The section of trail before pecker head rock is even more washed out than years past. It's still passable, but definitely will test your butt pucker meter.
well since I destroyed the left half of my stock bumper a few weeks ago on a simple "obstacle", this should be less of a problem than normal :laughing: (but more accurately :disrelieved: )

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

“Butt Puckering” don’t tempt me with a good time! I might be able to make this one.

Reactions: Advtres

CemenTRDgen

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Quimby
Member #

Where you up there last weekend for the trail maintenance day? I saw a post on TacomaWorld and I called the ranger station and confirmed the first gate at the highway and Niagara Rim are indeed open.

Jeep n Joe

Rank V

Advocate III

Stanislaus County, California, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Vona
Member #

Where you up there last weekend for the trail maintenance day? I saw a post on TacomaWorld and I called the ranger station and confirmed the first gate at the highway and Niagara Rim are indeed open.
I couldn't make it, but I got word that everything is open. They are trying (have been trying for a while now) to get gabions in place to help with the erosion at that one section that's always been off camber.

Sierra Bound

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Cupertino, CA, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hobert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6UYI
Interested....wondering is this open to non-Overlandbound members. A buddy of mine and I planned on running Slickrock on July 22 with the Joaquin Jeepers, but it just got postponed. I'm a member, my buddy is not.

alka

Rank II

Enthusiast II

California, USA
First Name
Naveen
Last Name
Alka
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SSU
@CemenTRDgen : I have to take care of some work stuff on Friday morning and can't make it on Thursday - can you please share me the coordinates for Friday night camp site once you are settled.
My number : 314 498 5314

Reactions: baldr_theblue