Dual gas tank or extra gas in Rotopax or cans?

• HTML tutorial

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Rotopax/jerry cans are nice because they are removable, and that makes it easy to a) use to fill someone else's tank, toys(atv/dirt bike), generators, etc, or b) remove entirely if you don't want to carry them with you every day and just for trips
That said, playing Devils advocate now, it also makes them a bit of a target for theives when you're parked in the city. Same goes for hi lift Jacks, etc mounted in highly visible locations. Yes, there are ways to lock all these things, but I still think it would make your truck more of a target.

Just thoughts
Agreed it can increase the target factor but there is no reason to run jerry cans or hi-lift 24/7 in the city. I only bring that stuff along when needed.

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I plan on doing the same keeping them in the garage until needed for trips.

Adam S.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Union Beach, NJ
Member #

I have 2-4g (they actually take 4.5g) rotopax I bring on trips or like this weekend, storm prep. They lay flat on my roof and don't take up much space. I'll be adding 2 more 4g to the custom tire carrier I'm doing for my WK. I thought I had more pics on my
phone but I only have this one currently.

The two stacked do not sit much if any higher than the sides of the ROLO roof rack. No issues with leaking either.

Order the "water spout" with them instead of the forced EPA garbage it comes with..

Reactions: Jose

Adam S.

Rank 0

Traveler I

Union Beach, NJ
Member #

I have 2-4g (they actually take 4.5g) rotopax I bring on trips or like this weekend, storm prep. They lay flat on my roof and don't take up much space. I'll be adding 2 more 4g to the custom tire carrier I'm doing for my WK. I thought I had more pics on my
phone but I only have this one currently.

The two stacked do not sit much if any higher than the sides of the ROLO roof rack. No issues with leaking either.

Order the "water spout" with them instead of the forced EPA garbage it comes with..

Found another pic