Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

With Easter we will have a little tour along the border between the Netherlands and Belgium.
We do a 4 day run, and our c0-member Duncan is coming along for a few days as well.
We did meet up last year for the first time in the UK, just for a cup of coffee, but decided already at that moment, we will have meet again.
So, next week this will be the weekend for it.

Together with oru friends Dagmar and Thoms from Germany, we will do this one. Still some room for extra cars.
Here already a little impression of the cars which will come.

Duncan and his Jeep Sport with lots of modifications.

Thomas and Dagmar in their Jeep Rubicon. Now equiped with a very nice Roof tent.
and

Us in our VW T3 Overlanding vehicle.

Well, think we will have some fun.

We hope that during thoses days friends will join us for an evening, daytrip or more.
And I really hope that european members of Overland Bound will read this and hop on.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Unfortunally the meeting will not be an European Overland Bound meeting anymore Duncan/Dunc Man canceled his trip due the terrorist attacks in Brussels. As Belgium is to travel by plane or by sea a bit more dangerous now.
I do understand his way of thinking as he would have a little boy of seven with him. So, I understand and respect his reason.
Still its a shame.

We will continue with just two cars doing the border tour. This can be a bit tricky as well, as the Dutch goverment announced that they will check the border as well. So, this could mean we can run into patrols of Police, Customs, Military Police or even Army (last I doubt)
But as we have nothing to hide, I wont cancel our trip.
Like I am saying, I will never bow for Terrorism.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Steve and ShawnR