First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Don't be that guy.

Yes. There is debate due to the fact that all items pictured are man made.

Yes. The people that want to ban vehicular access love these pictures.

Yes. This pisses me off.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
I looked for the original post to put it up also. If you read the individuals apology and what he writes on the page I posted, you can get a good idea of what happened.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Ugh. People.

Though I appreciate the owning up, it's hard to believe someone would go out there without reading anything about the area. The first things I read about the trail when I googled it have to do with the monument and cairns.

Reactions: triciabeaver

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
"We saw several vehicles driving over the pile so I didn't think anyhing of it."

Unless his mindset changes, this guy will eventually get himself into a situation he can't get out of. I hope he is with other vehicles that can provide recovery and perhaps medical help when he does it.

GoldenStateAdv

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lompoc, Ca
Member #

I've followed him on Instagram for a while now because I like his rig, however, lately his posts (videos) are of wheeling off designated paths and blatant destruction of the area. For that, I have stopped following him. Its people like him and his buddies that get areas closed down permanently and make it increasing harder to do vehicle based adventure.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Bummer there wasnt a sign up. Even "uninformed" folks would stay off then. Until you wasnt looking and theyll be all over it. And run over the sign to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mad Garden Gnome

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Signs don't stop some people unfortunately. Within the last few days there was a guy posting pics of his jeep in a creek witha sign saying stay out of the water in the forefront. I had to comment, nothing insulting but indicating what your doing is wrong.

As land and trails are being closed off, the realization that you can't just do what want needs to be achieved.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I respect that he apologized and owned up, but really man? A huge ass pile of rocks in the middle of a desert and you think it is just there to drive over? Seems like he would have had that thought running through his mind. Oh well.... life goes on. Hopefully no-one else does it. I do think there needs to be some sort of sign though, then the person would have no excuse other than stupidity or complete disrespect.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

What's wrong with driving over rocks?