Dog crate molle rack

• HTML tutorial

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

I recently repurposed an old dog crate divider rack. You know, the kind that come in larger dog crates so you can quarter off the pup and as it grows so does the crate. Well, that has been sitting on a shelf for years and finally I looked at it in a different light the other day and saw a DIY project.
I've attached the crate piece with simple wire clamps, the kind that use a screw to hold a cable or wire to a surface. Several of those screwed on to the back of my new drawer system and Boom! Molle rack attachment points.
Added a couple bags, one is holding various charging cables (lighting/usbs), one is fairly empty, the pouch holds my stratchits and other various attachment items, and the last is a quick detach medical kit.
Super simple and effective.

GHQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fidalgo Island, WA USA
Member #

Great idea to use the dog crate section as a MOLLE panel. Durable, coated and lightweight.

noracks.jpg I went the heavier route :sunglasses: with some old PSP. I run black spray painted ACU radio and sustainment pouches on it.

At one point I tried to use the PSP "inside" the Jeep but above the roll bar as a panel. It barely fit but in the end it was too heavy and unwieldly to remove esp if I needed it as a traction aid.

Reactions: Mudraider

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

Great idea to use the dog crate section as a MOLLE panel. Durable, coated and lightweight.
At one point I tried to use the PSP "inside" the Jeep but above the roll bar as a panel. It barely fit but in the end it was too heavy and unwieldly to remove esp if I needed it as a traction aid.
Holy Molle! You weren't messing around. Good looking trailer too, looks versatile. :grinning:

Reactions: GHQ1

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

Nice idea. I was just looking at molle racks, which aren't cheap, and I have two of these panels from a 24x42 kennel left over. I just need to work out a mount. I have a metal milling so I can make an aluminum bracket to offset from the truck wall.

Reactions: St8ton

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

Nice idea. I was just looking at molle racks, which aren't cheap, and I have two of these panels from a 24x42 kennel left over. I just need to work out a mount. I have a metal milling so I can make an aluminum bracket to offset from the truck wall.
Sounds like you are well on your way. I just used some simple wire clamps that have a one screw mount. So far, so good.