Do you line your Trasharoo with a plastic bag?

• HTML tutorial

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
I have been trying to figure out my garbage situation in my trailer. I am thinking a trasharoo hanging off the back of the kitchen box might be the ticket. That way I can just sweep stuff right into it while I am cooking. My question is do you line your trasharoo with a plastic trash bag? Or is it more of a receptacle for smaller trash bags? If you do line it, what size is ideal?

Thank you for your responses!

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I don't have a trasharoo but I have something similar. Yes, I line mine when I remember. If I forget, all the wet slimy stuff has to be put in something so I don't ruin it. I do also use mine to carry firewood. The bag obviously goes in when the wood comes out.

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Yes, big black trash bags, it's so much easier to pull that out and dump it. I keep in place using about 8 of those black paper clips around the edge.

Reactions: smritte

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
That's what I do too. A 27 litre Rubbermaid trash can fits nicely and even when empty makes a Trasheroo look full. It's a lot easier to put things in and take them out.

View attachment 227507
I LIKE IT!!! Seems like the perfect combo. $50 for a trash bag is a bit much. But I think if I keep it out of the sun under the tent on the back side of the kitchen box it will last a LONG time!! I already have ideas of making a foam top for cheap garbage can that is built into the flap of the trasharoo and seals it up a bit. Might cut down on smell and bugs.

Reactions: PCO6

Clay B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McCall, ID, USA
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Bradfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TTA
Service Branch
US Army
I don't really line, but keep a trash bag in there. Usually a heavy duty big bag, just because they're easy to grab in the Shop and make sure I've got them in the Jeep. That really helps keeping the trash from getting odiferous - a definite bear attractant.

kharrel

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Ventura County, CA, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Harrel
Member #

Same I put in two big black trash bags and one smaller white one :) One for black for trash, one black for dirty cloths I do not want back in Jeep and white is for recycle (cans and bottles). Kind of hard to mange which is which so I spay the tops with paint to know the use when reaching in the trasharoo (white cloths and red trash).

Drunk_Dog

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Texas, USA
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Wersterfer
I have been trying to figure out my garbage situation in my trailer. I am thinking a trasharoo hanging off the back of the kitchen box might be the ticket. That way I can just sweep stuff right into it while I am cooking. My question is do you line your trasharoo with a plastic trash bag? Or is it more of a receptacle for smaller trash bags? If you do line it, what size is ideal?

Thank you for your responses!
I use an Adventure Trail Gear bag and they have a very high quality material so I can just use soap and a brush and everything is good to go.... I had a trasharoo prior and I really disliked like quality and design. This guy makes them by hand and he is in Canada... I hang mine off the tailgate of the truck and he has a strap system that allows the bag to swing out when the tail gate goes down... its honestly the best trash bag I've ever used. Shop | Adventure Trail Gear

Reactions: lhoffm4

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I dont have a trasharoo but when I go with my friend who does have it we dont line it we just trash in plastic trash bags then put them in