Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Using my rig as my daily driver, I get a lot of looks and questions. My questions definitely doubled once I put on my limb risers. I would say they attract the most attention to the average person!
Agreed, I get the most questions about the limb risers. Depending on my mood, I'll say they are for hanging my laundry while camping, stabilizers for high speed driving (in a lifted JK!!) or sometimes I actually explain what they really are for. :tonguewink:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Agreed, I get the most questions about the limb risers. Depending on my mood, I'll say they are for hanging my laundry while camping, stabilizers for high speed driving (in a lifted JK!!) or sometimes I actually explain what they really are for. :tonguewink:
Laundry???
Now I've got to have them! ;-)

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I get a lot of people asking how deep I can go in water since I have the snorkel. My vehicle gets a lot of attention here in South Dakota because nobody has a built hummer here. They drive primarily jeeps so it's very unique.

Reactions: Narbob

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

When I worked for Thule I had a big jacked up Tundra with all sorts of stuff hanging off of it - and I was always stopped because of the awning! All sorts of other wild widgets, and people wanted to talk for days about the awning.

Now, with my 4Runner I get pinged about the Maxtrax 1-2x a week.
One guy was staring me down last week - looking really aggressive - turns out he was just perplexed...

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

Usually I get asked, "What is it?" since you don't typically see modded XTerras. People are more familiar with Tacomas and Jeeps.
I get that too. Also all my Nissan badges have slowly disappeared.

Other than that people only ask me about the hurculiner i painted my bumpers and hood with. Or i just catch them feeling her up! They like to touch it. Don't. Its textured, sharp and pokey.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
When I'm driving I usually get and give a lot of waves but when people come up and talk to me a lot of times they'll tell me their adventure stories or ask us where we're going or been. Besides that, the Tepui and the snorkel get questioned the most.

I've given up trying to explain to people why I have the snorkel and what it's benefits are and that it's not for driving underwater and just tell them I have a snorkel cuz it looks cool!!

Reactions: awolfnspirit

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
My wagon generates more conversation than I ever imagined it would but the truly surprising part is that the questions come from all walks. I'm no stranger to modified vehicles so I'm used to dealing with car/truck people but the first time I was stopped by a middle aged woman in a brand new Acura RLX I had to laugh. Every time I go to the dealer employees always ask questions and take pictures. I learned recently that people shopping for Subaru's have started asking the salespeople "hey have you seen that..." which also makes me laugh. Its obviously an outside the box vehicle so I get tons of prolonged stares and parking lot walk arounds. I've started leaving it muddy a little longer so I don't get the question "do you take it off road?"... thanks a lot mall rated Jeeps haha.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Perfect!!!! Thank you.
I resized this so it works on VistaPrint.com without crop marks.

Drag/Save this image to your computer...
Narbob_Card_FINAL.jpg

Go to:

http://www.vistaprint.com/category/business-cards.aspx?GP=11/16/2016+5:33:50+PM&GPS=4149659193&GNF=1

and select "Standard"...
Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 2.01.14 PM.png

Select "Use your complete design"...
Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 2.01.29 PM.png

Select "Horizontal"...
Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 2.01.53 PM.png

Click the "My computer" icon in the upper left corner...
Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 2.02.37 PM.png

and choose the file (Narbob_Card_FINAL.jpg).

You shouldn't need to crop or make any adjustments, but take a close look at the preview they show you before you purchase. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Thanks @Reconnoiter , I work tonight so I should be able to play with it. I'll let know how it worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelly