Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
If you'd like to order these cards (I got them from VistaPrint.com), but don't have the ability to add your info, I'd be happy to do it. Just let me know what you'd like it to say, and I'll lay it out for you.

If you have the ability to put in your own info, here's the blank artwork (complete with bleed) that works on VistaPrint.com without cropping...

Blank_OBCard.jpg

Instructions for VistaPrint.com are listed in post #37 on page 4.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Was there a merge of threads here? Just read through this, and most of the posts seem to be about the card, which is very nice! But the thread title has me scratching my head, though some of the other posts make sense.

As others have mentioned, limb risers always seem to raise the most questions, so I removed them from my rig when it's in DD mode. The other questions are usually about the HiLift or the HiLift mounts on the top of my brush bar. In DD mode, I leave the mounts on, sans the jack.

Reactions: Kelly

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Was there a merge of threads here? Just read through this, and most of the posts seem to be about the card, which is very nice! But the thread title has me scratching my head, though some of the other posts make sense.

As others have mentioned, limb risers always seem to raise the most questions, so I removed them from my rig when it's in DD mode. The other questions are usually about the HiLift or the HiLift mounts on the top of my brush bar. In DD mode, I leave the mounts on, sans the jack.
The subject of the original post was about using the OB business cards to promote the group to people who show interest in your rig. There were some side discussions about what it is about their rig that draws attention.

Reactions: pl626

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

The subject of the original post was about using the OB business cards to promote the group to people who show interest in your rig. There were some side discussions about what it is about their rig that draws attention.
Thx, Recon, that makes sense now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kelly

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
That would be cool, except right now, I think there's only 3 or 4 of us that have them :-)
Interesting this came up today. I was at our local REI and saw a nice 4Runner backed into a parking spot,of course I had to back in near it. As I was leaving, I saw the driver and as we both acknowledged each other he saw my OB decal and let me know that he is a member too. So I got to meet @Rattlesnake44 and we talked for about 15 minutes. Very cool guy, hopefully we will get some trips together soon. And... I got to hand out my first card!!!

Last edited:

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I do get compliments on my car, and quite alot of random people keep telling me to keep it on the road.

Motor Gypsy Pair

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
Member #

The rooftop tent is a conversation start for sure. If we are camped out at an established campground we seem to garner more interest and conversation than the guys with their fancy 40+ft rolling homes. I am not normally a go out there social butterfly type of guy, so our rig all laid out in all her glory sure is an icebreaker and conversation starter. The number of people that ask if they can peek inside seems to grow every time we head out camping.
We have a Tepui on a "self modified " trailer. Yep... the tent can be set in less than 5 minutes. Easily takes 45 min to set up camp! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Motor Gypsy Pair

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
Member #

This is the "conversation starter"... I guess we wouldn't have it any other way, to be honest! The first statement is usually "I don't think I've ever seen a jeep set-up like that." And then it begins... "well, it's not a jeep. It's a Samurai." And the next words are almost always "are what?"

It's a lot of fun and we have met some seriously great people because of the crazy little thing. Just keeping the conversation lively!

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Most of the time, I get asked "what are those Mad Max spikes mounted on the side for?" - referring to my MaxTrax that I have mounted vertically. I may or may not have told a kid once to be careful around them because they were poisonous. :)

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, what do you think of these? We plan on having these available in our store at cost, and providing the source files if you want to make your own (cheaper?). There are two front options, and one back option.

RigCardFront02.png

RigCardFront.png

RigCardBack.png

Last edited: