Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
UPDATE (11/16/16): If you'd like to order these cards (I got them from VistaPrint.com), but don't have the ability to add your info, I'd be happy to do it. Just let me know what you'd like it to say, and I'll lay it out for you.

If you have the ability to put in your own info, here's the blank artwork (complete with bleed) that works on VistaPrint.com without cropping...
Blank_OBCard.jpg
Instructions for VistaPrint.com are listed in post #37 on page 4.

I don't know about you, but if I had something like this...

OB Card.jpg

I'd be handing them out constantly!

Last edited:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I made up some cards with the OB logo and my member number and email. Great for handing out to new friends you meet on the trail.
@Michael I know you're bored and looking for a new project ;-) What if you set up a form in the store, that would let us order "official" OB business cards? That way everyones cards would match (Branding), it could be automated (no work for @Corrichael), and it's a profit center (getting you closer to "Full Time" :-)

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

The rooftop tent is a conversation start for sure. If we are camped out at an established campground we seem to garner more interest and conversation than the guys with their fancy 40+ft rolling homes. I am not normally a go out there social butterfly type of guy, so our rig all laid out in all her glory sure is an icebreaker and conversation starter. The number of people that ask if they can peek inside seems to grow every time we head out camping.

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

@Michael I know you're bored and looking for a new project ;-) What if you set up a form in the store, that would let us order "official" OB business cards? That way everyones cards would match (Branding), it could be automated (no work for @Corrichael), and it's a profit center (getting you closer to "Full Time" :-)
@Michael I second this!!! (or do I third it? LOL)

Reactions: Livingthebuslife

davidpick

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pacific NW
Member #

The rooftop tent is a conversation start for sure. If we are camped out at an established campground we seem to garner more interest and conversation than the guys with their fancy 40+ft rolling homes. I am not normally a go out there social butterfly type of guy, so our rig all laid out in all her glory sure is an icebreaker and conversation starter. The number of people that ask if they can peek inside seems to grow every time we head out camping.
I had the same experience with my RTT. Learned real quickly not to set up camp before eating dinner because it was nonstop with people coming up and wanting tours haha! I don't have an RTT any longer as I am moving toward more of a stealth camping setup. Sold the RTT to my youngest brother so now he has to play tour-guide!

wolf69

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bargersville, IN
Member #

I am building a 2010 Nissan Prox4 and everyone is always asking what else I am going to add and why. So far I have the ARB front bumper installed and I am working on sourcing other parts. This platform is not as popular as the Toy's so not as much after market support in the U.S. but that is the fun of it.IMG_0203.jpg

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Can you and would you share the design? Looks great!
Here you go...
OBCard_Blank.jpg
I used the font "Impact" for my name, member #, and forum name. The small black lines in the corners are the trim marks. The finished size is 3.5" x 2"

IMPORTANT: If you order through VistaPrint.com, be sure you resize and position the card so the crop marks, on the artwork, line up with the "Safe Area" on the order form. They'll show you a preview, so you'll be able to see if you got it right.

Last edited:

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
Here you go...
View attachment 9287
I used the font "Impact" for my name, member #, and forum name. The small black lines in the corners are the trim marks. The finished size is 3.5" x 2"

IMPORTANT: If you order through VistaPrint.com, be sure you resize and position the card so the crop marks, on the artwork, line up with the "Safe Area" on the order form. They'll show you a preview, so you'll be able to see if you got it right.
I really like this idea I've only had my overlandbound badge for a week now and already and a few people ask what it's about this would be nice to have to hand out to get the word out

I'm putting my vote in for this to be the official design

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I am building a 2010 Nissan Prox4 and everyone is always asking what else I am going to add and why. So far I have the ARB front bumper installed and I am working on sourcing other parts. This platform is not as popular as the Toy's so not as much after market support in the U.S. but that is the fun of it.View attachment 8969
Once a Frontier starts getting beefy people notice it more because they're not a dime a dozen.

This guy gets noticed. @crewmaxxis

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Interesting question. Here where I live in Pennsylvania Jeeps are everywhere. When we had our Rubicon all set up, it definitely turned heads, and created a lot of conversations. Now that we have the 80 series, it is very rare that it is even noticed, let alone a conversation starter, as people around here are clueless. Occasionally some clueless guy will ask, sarcastically, if my trailer tires are big enough. Or a snide remark about our solar panel. It is sad how ignorant some people can behave. But ---- once in a while, some one will strike up a conversation with me, because of the vehicle, and be truly interested in where we go, what we do, and of course, how we get there.

However, once we are out west, it is a completely different story. Folks strike up conversations constantly at gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Then, once we set up our basecamp, and someone stumbles upon us, they are always invited in for libations and the conversations begin.

My wife and I, for some odd reason have been misplaced in this world, as it would seem that we have much more in common with folks scattered about the country, especially out west, than we have in common with folks around here. Most of the conversations that we do have boil down to, "getting away from the rat race" and it seems most folks don't even know they are in a rat race.. Now I'm waxing philosophy, but when you are in the hamster wheel, do you know you are in it?

Dan Tracy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Watsonville, Ca
Member #

I get asked about my rig a lot. (2016 4x4 Sprinter with a pop up sleeper and roof rack). Usually in a parking lot, by someone who is an old backpacker, looking for a way to still get out - but that is easier on the knees, the back etc. I'm planning a cross country adventure this summer - California to Georgia - I'll bet we get a lot of attention in the campgrounds, especially when the top goes up._25V0308.jpg

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I get asked about my rig a lot. (2016 4x4 Sprinter with a pop up sleeper and roof rack). Usually in a parking lot, by someone who is an old backpacker, looking for a way to still get out - but that is easier on the knees, the back etc. I'm planning a cross country adventure this summer - California to Georgia - I'll bet we get a lot of attention in the campgrounds, especially when the top goes up.View attachment 9560
Awesome rig!!!