Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

So I came across an old army rucksack I had and I said to myself says I"Hey, I can put this to good use". I cut down the wire frame and rigged it up with some army straps to my spare tire. This thing has 3 exterior pockets, 1 hidden pocket and 1 big pocket in the hood. Cost $0! I like $0!

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

looks good and I am sure it will work very good. thanks for sharing

Frisly

UKCRD

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

That looks a great fit! Good idea, Cappy!

E

expeditionnorth

Great minds think alike, I did this one a few years back.

I was bashed on expo for it...

hope you enjoy

Home made Trasharoo

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Nice idea.
I have bought a Trasharoo. And you dont want to know how expensive that thing is here in Europe.
But....Cost $0! I like $0! Are you dutch? :blush: :blush:

Greetings from Robert

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

So I came across an old army rucksack I had and I said to myself says I"Hey, I can put this to good use". I cut down the wire frame and rigged it up with some army straps to my spare tire. This thing has 3 exterior pockets, 1 hidden pocket and 1 big pocket in the hood. Cost $0! I like $0!
I know this is way late down the road but could you post a picture (Old one seems to have been removed?) Ive been brainstorming on how i want to do something like this DIY... I dont have a spare tire but maybe ill work something off the back of my tailgate (Pickup problems)

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

I have one of those laying around in one of the 5 tubs of old army crap. Now I just need a 2000 dollar bumper with spare tire rack to hang it off of. Lol.

Great idea. As soon as I say Army ruck I said to myself. That is a perfect idea.

Reactions: Delux2769

Bairdjer78

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Yakima, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Baird
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7BCM
I like that idea. While not as cheap...I bought a new trasharoo off eBay for 1/2 price. The only problem was it had a GoWesty emblem and well, a Jeep is not a VW. So I removed as much of the screened on emblem that I could and made a stencil with my Jeep’s name. I test fit it and ran into a problem: the straps wouldn’t make an X like they are supposed to because of the Teraflex hd tailgate and tire carrier. So I got on Amazon and bought some webbing and buckles. I made sternum straps for the Trasharoo’s straps to keep them tight on the tire.