DIY Solar Camp Shower

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

ZR2_Zamboni

Rank III

Advocate I

Lancaster, OH, USA
Member #

When we tent camp or Boondock with our T@G camper, we want to be able to shower with hot water. There are “professional” units made of aluminum for hundreds of dollars. There are also innumerable DIY options using plumbing supplies for less than $100. Here’s my project.

8 feet total length
5.5 gallon (US) capacity
Total cost under $100

Details of the build on IG @DocAndJojo

IMG_6268.JPGIMG_6269.JPGIMG_6280.JPGIMG_6355.JPGIMG_6363.JPGIMG_6404.JPGIMG_6410.JPGIMG_6409.JPG

Attachments

PapaDave

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Ripon Ca
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Good work, make sure your glue joints are good, I’ve read of some builds exploding when they get hot and pressurized bouncing down the trail. Looks like it was a fun and satisfying build

ZR2_Zamboni

Rank III

Advocate I

Lancaster, OH, USA
Member #

Good work, make sure your glue joints are good, I’ve read of some builds exploding when they get hot and pressurized bouncing down the trail. Looks like it was a fun and satisfying build
I used a lot of glue - appreciate the pointer.
Won’t travel with it pressurized, only at base camp. That’s the purpose of the pressure release valve (relieve pressure before travel).

Rick Morehouse

Rank V
Benefactor

Advocate III

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Thanks for the thread I have been thinking about this exact build for awhile now right down to the pressure relief valve.