DIY Portable Camp Kitchen

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

k9sar

US SouthEast Region Member Rep

Contributor III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK4EKF
Thanks for sharing your camp setups, you've given me a lot of good ideas!

Jeff Swain

Rank V

Contributor III

Springfield, Missouri
Member #

Looks great, how do the legs fold up/ store for travel?
Legs don't fold up. Not most convenient for traveling but not bad. They fit in back of my jeep easy enough. I decided when I built the box I wanted the legs to be very sturdy. So I made them out of two 1/2" thick pieces of plywood glued and nailed together. They work great.

Donnymcq

Rank I

Member I

Hailey, Idaho
Member #

I keep thinking about the Cambridge kitchen boxes that Cascade River Gear sells. I don’t own one but have been rafting many times with people that have them. They are expensive and designed specifically for rafting but they’ll take a beating and last forever. Any one ever used them for their vehicle?

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Advocate II

Golden
What about your camp kitchens in the back of a off road camper? Mine is coming with one half that includes 3 drawers, the other half is open

m_lars

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Heber City, Utah
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7ATX

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Supporter

Advocate I

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI7POE
I was going to post it for $700. It has a hi-lift Jack mount and a license plate mount added to it. Somebody local can save over $100. Don't think I really want to try to ship it.