Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

If I were to rebuild it I would make a shallow 3in drawer for the fridge to sit in. I think it would be better.
Why's that?

Thanks for the link. I'm not making the rest of the drawers or cabinet. I just want something to roll the fridge in and out on so I can open the lid all the way.

Reactions: Mitch Pedersen

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Why's that?

Thanks for the link. I'm not making the rest of the drawers or cabinet. I just want something to roll the fridge in and out on so I can open the lid all the way.
I think it would be stronger if the slides were vertical. They work horizontal, but I think the structure would be more Ridgid also. And the fridge could sit a tad (1/2") lower.

Reactions: Steve

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

You guys that work with wood amaze me. I can fabricate anything to the world you need out of metal but I am all thumbs with wood. All of these setups look great.

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

Reactions: k9sar

bassfishindoc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Middle TN
Member #

These look awesome. We had something similar when I was in Boy Scouts years ago. I tried my hand at making one in my 20's. I chose to make it out of oak plywood and it weighed a TON. Things also did not line up quite right. I have since given it away. I am just not skilled enough with wood to make one. Maybe I can find a carpenter to build one.

Reactions: Jeff Swain

Batmango66

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Indiana 930, New Haven, IN, USA
First Name
Tye
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Yep, looks like a Boy Scout Patrol box, exactly what we have. No fancy fold out shelving though but as bassfishindoc stated, ours too weigh a ton. Nice job!! I really like the side shelves for the stoves.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jeff Swain

Jeff Swain

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, Missouri
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Swain
Member #

Yep, looks like a Boy Scout Patrol box, exactly what we have. No fancy fold out shelving though but as bassfishindoc stated, ours too weigh a ton. Nice job!! I really like the side shelves for the stoves.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thank you. The side shelves for the stoves make it way more convenient than what it was before i added them. I made this box out of 3/8" plywood. It is still heavy but not bad. If I build another one it will be out of 1/4" plywood and little smaller size.

Sierrahotel83

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Shrock
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4HVZ
When I was in scouts ours were like these without the shelves too, these sure beat having a random tub of cooking gear for camping, how did I forget these boxes for years.

Now if I can come up with something that wouldn't take up too much back seat room in a Civic until I can get into a roomier vehicle that is actually suited for anything other than a dry dirt road.

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
I researched these for quite awhile before designing the one that works for me. It holds my stove, lantern, all utensils/cookware and condiments. It has adjustable legs for uneven terrain. Here are some pics. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 29117 View attachment 29118

Looks just like the chuck boxes that we used in Scouts... Great setup!