DIY Portable Camp Kitchen

• HTML tutorial

Brooke_Cances

Rank 0

Contributor I

Great idea. I'm trying to see if my husband will make a portable kitchen. I would love to have something that I can have all of our dry goods in one place. To be able to move from the car and out and back again becuase sometimes we move from one camping spot to another. @ben.dicoot What is above the highest sitting gas stove in the little cubby...a cutting board??

Natal

Rank I

Contributor III

Ventura, CA
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Gurney
Planning on building something similar myself. Having the collapsable sink is a great idea I did not even think about this till I read about your build. Thanks for sharing

ben.dicoot

Local Expert, Victoria Australia
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wodonga, Victoria, Australia
Member #

IMG_3868.JPG It's been a while so I thought I'd better post an update!
The folding leg idea didn't work as well in real life as it did in my head. So I made a frame with fixed legs (adjustable for height) that fits neatly over the kitchen when in transit. This means I can store light items on top of the frame but still slide the kitchen out for roadside stops.IMG_3871.JPGI also added a neat holder for my chopping board on the inside of the door. Uses 4 plastic hooks and some paracord. IMG_3867.JPGI've also bought a snow peak cooking pot set. I still need to fit the stainless top and a small shelf inside and it's done!