• HTML tutorial

ALNSM_Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meulan, FRANCE
Member #

Hey guys !

A fridge is very convenient out there in the wild but sometimes it's a bit tricky to access because of the hatch opening or the weight of the fridge itself
So, you need a fridge slide !
You can buy one BUT they are very expensive.

That's why I decided to build my own and to make a video about it to inspire and motivate you to do the same ! It's really not difficult and you are gonne save a lot of money !
Check it out !

NKN_00722.jpg

Sans titre 1.jpg

GITINOVRLND EXPLRR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clever, MO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Runner
Member #

That is awesome! If you have not come up with a lock you might think about locking clamps such as these on Amazon. The press in locking pin may keep it from accidentally releasing if something bumps it while on those rough trails. You could mount the latch on your upright and the hook on the outside of the slide. If you made your uprights a bit taller you could use a buckle style cinch strap to hold the fridge to them.

huudlum_jk

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey guys !

A fridge is very convenient out there in the wild but sometimes it's a bit tricky to access because of the hatch opening or the weight of the fridge itself
So, you need a fridge slide !
You can buy one BUT they are very expensive.

That's why I decided to build my own and to make a video about it to inspire and motivate you to do the same ! It's really not difficult and you are gonne save a lot of money !
Check it out !

View attachment 109921

View attachment 109922
Very cool... I’ve been wanting to do something similar

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Great idea. I think this will work well on any lower vehicle like your Subaru. My Suburban, and many other trucks are too high up. If I did this I would have to use a step ladder to see in it. I had to cut my platform out at the back to lower mine to be able to see in it.
I can see this working really well in Jeeps, or pickup too, as long as they have no platform.
Seems like a great low cost solution. Great job.