Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Evening

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jjreyn

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am quite late to the party, but hope to be able to attend some of the meets. Family and work occupy a good bit of my time currently so my availability is hit and miss.

joe

Trailguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Colinas
Member #

I'll try and keep an eye on this thread to see what date and time is established. Would definitely like to attend.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

I left the polls open, rather than closing them yesterday as I mentioned before, due to movement in the thread over the weekend.

For those of you that have posted recently, please participate in the polls.

And to answer the question earlier regarding discount on booze, it's a good possibility. I won't know what brew until close to the event. But it's all local crafts and domestics. Once I find out more, I will share with you guys!

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. Keep them coming.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

If this becomes a regular thing the Truck Yard on Greenville Ave. would be a cool spot. Good beer and lots of seating.
Parking sucks though. For a meet, having everyone parked in the same lot is kind of a must. But, Truck Yard is only a couple miles away, so that could be a after party location.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Alright people,

Its been weeks since the thread was started and the poll opened! I am taking all the suggestions and information to the owner to establish a date and time this week and I will parlay the information back to you guys. Following, I will make this an official OB event by adding it to the calendar with all the necessary details. So far, all I can include to is that it will be on a Saturday evening between the times of 5pm and 9pm, allowing you to come and go as you please.

I appreciate all the movement in this thread and the excitement that you all have shown with interest revolving around meeting up with local OB members. If all works in our favor, we can have our FIRST DALLAS meet on the boards in May!

Stay tuned! And again, thank you all for the feedback!

Regards,
Travis

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Ah, this is true. After Trader Joe closes all that is Truck Yard parking but I have no idea what time they close. Probably too late to make sense.
We can always look into this and other locations for future meets. We definitely have not taken the idea of having more than one location in our pocket, creating a rotation of sorts. But, there are 'pros and cons' that come long with that. Being stationary and utilizing one venue for the meet creates a relationship between the club and the establishment which could in turn, benefit both parties. But, who knows? Lets do two or three and see where it takes us. Hell... we might get too big for some places LOL.

I'm excited, so ideas are coming to me every day. Some have even suggested marketing the OB event to other organizations in the area. Great idea... but that could become the difference in having 20 people to 100 people.

We will see... nothing is off the table yet. Lets start by getting our feet wet first!

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

We can always look into this and other locations for future meets. We definitely have not taken the idea of having more than one location in our pocket, creating a rotation of sorts. But, there are 'pros and cons' that come long with that. Being stationary and utilizing one venue for the meet creates a relationship between the club and the establishment which could in turn, benefit both parties. But, who knows? Lets do two or three and see where it takes us. Hell... we might get too big for some places LOL.

I'm excited, so ideas are coming to me every day. Some have even suggested marketing the OB event to other organizations in the area. Great idea... but that could become the difference in having 20 people to 100 people.

We will see... nothing is off the table yet. Lets start by getting our feet wet first!

Hey Groo - sent you a PM, wanted to see if you had a chance to read / reply yet? Thanks!

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Hey Groo - sent you a PM, wanted to see if you had a chance to read / reply yet? Thanks!
Yes, I received your PM. Like I mentioned above, Im skeptical on extending this outside of the OB community. Ideally, I would like the first few meets to be rather simple and a close-knit group. As for the OB merch, Michael had mentioned that, prior to me setting this up and since I don't have a set date yet, I planned on reaching out regarding it once it's placed on the OB calendar.

Thanks for the follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Thanks, The GrooGrux King, for getting this ball rolling. Definitely looking forward to making some connections.

Just to throw something out there as an idea for future consideration... I'd be up for a Cars & Coffee-esque meetup on a Saturday morning.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. :sunglasses:
I second this idea. Maybe a simple meet up at first would be the easiest way to get everyone familiar with each other. Besides, who DOESN'T like coffee?!