Rank III

Enthusiast I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rogers
Member #

We just got back from northern New Mexico. We camped around the Valles Caldera area and had perfect weather the whole trip. Camping is not allowed in the Valles Preserve but there are plenty of places around it to camp. We took NM FR 144 from the west side and took it over to its termination point in Espanola. There’s a pretty rough hill climb around the north side of the caldera but my 4Runner just climbed right up it although I did bash my fuel tank skid plate. A lift may be in my future. B1063A0A-201D-46BF-9EAE-C0636ED569C5.jpegD549085F-7F5B-4C7F-B630-A299C4904176.jpeg83BD8AC3-8C99-4CD8-8E92-EBB2C1F60498.jpeg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
We just got back from northern New Mexico. We camped around the Valles Caldera area and had perfect weather the whole trip. Camping is not allowed in the Valles Preserve but there are plenty of places around it to camp. We took NM FR 144 from the west side and took it over to its termination point in Espanola. There’s a pretty rough hill climb around the north side of the caldera but my 4Runner just climbed right up it although I did bash my fuel tank skid plate. A lift may be in my future. View attachment 199937View attachment 199938View attachment 199939
I love NM. The NFs there are some of my favorite places to explore.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

We just got back from northern New Mexico. We camped around the Valles Caldera area and had perfect weather the whole trip. Camping is not allowed in the Valles Preserve but there are plenty of places around it to camp. We took NM FR 144 from the west side and took it over to its termination point in Espanola. There’s a pretty rough hill climb around the north side of the caldera but my 4Runner just climbed right up it although I did bash my fuel tank skid plate. A lift may be in my future. View attachment 199937View attachment 199938View attachment 199939
I like your tent.....

Buck_f0d2b7

Rank IV

Member I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Buck
Last Name
Bybee
Member #

Pic look fantastic. WE are planning on leaving in a couple of weeks and doing the NM BDR, CO Connecter and head north on CO BDR till we get shut down by snow. I'm close and would love to hear about your NM trip so maybe I could pick up a tis bit that might save me some trouble.

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Hello from Celina.

Recently traded my GX470 for a 460 and plan to start building the 460 out next year. See ya out there!

Reactions: Ir1shDr1fter