Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Lucy
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LOU
We're starting a new monthly meet for Overland Bound members in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, and surrounding areas. As a part of these new meets we will be arranging trail days and weekend trips, as well as discussing common training topics related to overland camping and travel. Of course there will always be time to check out one another's rigs and exchange info and opinions on gear that you have used or are interested in.
-This is just the beginning, so be sure to bring suggestions and ideas for future events, and what topics you may like to learn more about!
-Let's plan to arrive around 11:30 and park at the back of the lot; we can head in around 12:00. Food and drink is at your own expense. :)
-Please RSVP so we will know how much space is needed!
Glad to see you guys making this happen. Kent R and I enjoyed our time meeting OB members in the DFW area a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: Craig M

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Glad to see you guys making this happen. Kent R and I enjoyed our time meeting OB members in the DFW area a couple weeks ago.
Thank you Lucy, it was nice meeting you as well! Hope the rest of your trip went smoothly!

Lucy R

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Lucy
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LOU
Thank you Lucy, it was nice meeting you as well! Hope the rest of your trip went smoothly!
Well, as you know, we were driving the motor home and towing the Jeep. We had some issues with high winds and the rubber roof on the RV started to peel off from the front! We were able to strap it down and finish the trip. A new repair project added to our running list!

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Really looking forward to meeting you all next week!

I notice that the invites based on the user map is limited to 100, so if you know any other members that may be interested (or potential members interested in learning more) feel free to tag them!

@Boostpowered & @LD5050 - In case you're interested and can make it out!

Reactions: LD5050

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thanks but i will likely be deep in the woods somewhere next weekend getting the truck more pinstripes. I have a lot of trails lined up to be explored in the next few weeks. If yall decide to go to barnwell let me know when and ill try to make that.

ninjacop

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Burleson, TX, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Wickson
Member #

We're starting a new monthly meet for Overland Bound members in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, and surrounding areas. As a part of these new meets we will be arranging trail days and weekend trips, as well as discussing common training topics related to overland camping and travel. Of course there will always be time to check out one another's rigs and exchange info and opinions on gear that you have used or are interested in.
-This is just the beginning, so be sure to bring suggestions and ideas for future events, and what topics you may like to learn more about!
-Let's plan to arrive around 11:30 and park at the back of the lot; we can head in around 12:00. Food and drink is at your own expense. :)
-Please RSVP so we will know how much space is needed!
Can't make this one, but I'm really interested in attending future meets.

Thanks for organizing this.

Shane

CaliTex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

North Richland Hills, Texas
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Downer
Member #

We will be in East Texas this weekend camping with the kids and grandkids. Will watch for the next one. Gl It’ll be great to connect.

joel chambers

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Creekwood Drive, Lancaster, TX, USA
First Name
joel
Last Name
chambers
Member #

Soooo, why do we have the start and end times as Pacific time instead of Central time?
It appears to be a glitch in the Rallypoint Software. When I set it up it said Central but changes once you publish it..

To all who can\'t make this one, the goal is to keep these going, monthly at a minimum, so keep an eye out!
Are you able to change this?

Rick Schlepphorst

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roanoke, Texas, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Schlepphorst
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GMW
Just saw this but I am off tomorrow, so I will be there! Look forward to meeting some folks and maybe seeing some people I met at Pappas BBQ when Michael and Corrie came through town.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Looks like we have about 17 that have hit the RSVP button or otherwise indicated they may be coming, so I'm looking forward to a good turnout!

I plan to get there a little before 11:30, and the target is to head into the restaurant at about noon. If you arrive after people have gone inside, just ask for the 'Overland Bound' group.

I'll be in my red Jeep JK that's in my avatar.