Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

We're starting a new monthly meet for Overland Bound members in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, and surrounding areas. As a part of these new meets we will be arranging trail days and weekend trips, as well as discussing common training topics related to overland camping and travel. Of course there will always be time to check out one another's rigs and exchange info and opinions on gear that you have used or are interested in.
-This is just the beginning, so be sure to bring suggestions and ideas for future events, and what topics you may like to learn more about!
-Let's plan to arrive around 11:30 and park at the back of the lot; we can head in around 12:00. Food and drink is at your own expense. :)
-Please RSVP so we will know how much space is needed!

View Rally Point

Paladin2020

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crawfordville, FL
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
@Rubber Ducky my wife and I met you today in Denton TX at ACE hardware. My wife Dana and I are looking forward to a local group. We will be in Mexico on that date, but looking forward to meetups and Overlanding with many of you after we get back. Here is our Rig we were talking about.

View attachment 103602
View attachment 103603
What model is that? I’m looking into getting one but I’d like a two sleeper for off-road.

texascascio

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denton Texas
Member #

What model is that? I’m looking into getting one but I’d like a two sleeper for off-road.
Not really a model per se, It sleeps up to six but made to sleep four. It's the Opus Off Road Air. From what I understand they are the same price, the 2 sleepers and the 4. The 2 sleeper has a king size bed and the 4 sleeper has two doubles. Mine is fully loaded with A/C and heat and I have the on-demand hot water shower hook up for $27k. I had a Manley ORV with a rooftop tent before but my wife now has MS and can't climb a ladder safely and it's not going to get better over time. With the Opus, she only has two steps and has the A/C and heat to keep her comfortable. I had 4 Harleys as well. Sold my off road trailer and all my Harleys and got this for us. It's an amazing camper and I have added a ton of tweaks I will share with you if you get one. Oh, and there is no difference in off-road capability between the two, they have the same suspension and not much difference in weight. But if your single or empty nesters and not having any kids soon the two is the way to go.

Reactions: Paladin2020

Mario Ol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Rockwall, Tx
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Ol
Member #

My rig broke down in Moab after Overland Expo and is getting repairs in Salt Lake, so I hope I will get it back by the 29th. Wife and I will plan on being there either way.

Reactions: Craig M

Mario Ol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Rockwall, Tx
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Ol
Member #

My rig broke down in Moab after Overland Expo and is getting repairs in Salt Lake, so I hope I will get it back by the 29th. Wife and I will plan on being there either way.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Checked the box, will be there if we hadn't left for the Cont Div yet.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Sounds great! Have plans to go camping for weekend but checking with hubby to see if we can stop by before we leave for a little while.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Soooo, why do we have the start and end times as Pacific time instead of Central time?
It appears to be a glitch in the Rallypoint Software. When I set it up it said Central but changes once you publish it..

To all who can't make this one, the goal is to keep these going, monthly at a minimum, so keep an eye out!

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Reactions: texascascio

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Checked the box, will be there if we hadn't left for the Cont Div yet.
Hope to see you and the wife out there.. It's been a while!

Also want to touch base with you (in case you don't make it to this one) about possibly leading a weekend Texas OB trip in the fall (to be organized at these meets), only if your interested! I know there's probably nobody better suited in this state!

At least I would like to pick your brain on some routes.

Talk soon!