Rank V

Advocate III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Summerville
Member #

Hi all, I see that the DFW area is a bit lackluster when it comes to events and meetups, and was not able to see that anything had been scheduled recently. So I would like to propose a meet and greet, the last weekend of June (06/25/2021). I want to get an idea of others that would be interested. Probably be sometime in the morning and most likely on a Saturday. I do have some ideas for a location, and can be flexible as to where, depending on where everyone would be coming from.

If you are interested, post your confirmation and your location that you would be coming from and we can go from there. If I need to get additional approvals, let me know. Not trying to step on any toes since I am new as of Wednesday 06/02 this week. I would like to make this a recurring event.

Joel

Doubletrack.jpg

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

We had been having them monthly but on Sundays as too many worked or gone for family stuff on Saturday. In fact, group just got back from Moab trip from May 20-25. Don't worry about stepping on toes, Go ahead and plan meet and greet. Others have had them as well. Believe our next one going to be the 27th just no Rally Point put up yet.

summervijx

Rank V

Advocate III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Summerville
Member #

OK, cool. Thanks for confirming that. Whereabouts have you all been meeting up at? I'm in the East Fort Worth area, so might set something up over here if you all stick to the Dallas area. Otherwise I'd love to join you all at the next one.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

OK, cool. Thanks for confirming that. Whereabouts have you all been meeting up at? I'm in the East Fort Worth area, so might set something up over here if you all stick to the Dallas area. Otherwise I'd love to join you all at the next one.
We have been taking turns around closer to each member each month. This month will be Bass Pro in Grapevine. Previously met at this same location and eat after meet and greet at restaurant there.

Reactions: summervijx

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

We have been taking turns around closer to each member each month. This month will be Bass Pro in Grapevine. Previously met at this same location and eat after meet and greet at restaurant there.
We do normally stick to Dallas area so you might want to set up something for Ft Worth if you would rather as on east side.

summervijx

Rank V

Advocate III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Summerville
Member #

OK, updated the RP.

Date: 06/26/2021
Time: 09:30am CT
Location: 5196 Rufe Snow Drive, Fort Worth, Texas 76180, the empty lot in front of the WinCo. Not the WinCo parking lot.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Reactions: Wilson123

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Our location for DFW Meet and greet on June 27th will be in Scheel's parking lot. Rally point for that one set up now so people will have a couple to choose from now depending what is closer to them :)

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

It's lackluster is due to location, dfw being so close to Oklahoma and Arkansas gives those of us who live in Dfw an easy quick place to go where on the trails you can run into and meet all kinds of folks from all around.
Where our southern folks don't have the option to just pop over to a better state for overlanding/offroading so they have to either meet up or spend $$$$ on fuel for a weekend trip like we can do. Most of us are introverts too which really don't help you any meeting.

If you want to see a few people there are always a truck or 2 with ob badging at the Allen outlet mall on weekends likely shopping Merrell, northface or Columbia.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

My wife wants to go to Nebraska furniture mart sometime today to shop for our new house so I'll be near there sometime today, will probably pop into sheels and look for deals on fishing/boat stuff and maybe try and find some ammo or reloading supply for 6.5 creedmoor. I'm sure it will be hot by then any everyone gone back home to their ac.

summervijx

Rank V

Advocate III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Summerville
Member #

Hey all, next meetup scheduled for July 31st @ 10:30am. Located at 5152 Rufe Snow Dr, North Richland Hills, TX 76180. Meeting in the empty lot in front of WinCo, and then maybe a local restaurant for late breakfast or early lunch.

Got some ideas for getting out onto some backroads for those in the local area. Welcome to additional feedback and suggestions at the meetup.

Hope to see you there!

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hey all, next meetup scheduled for July 31st @ 10:30am. Located at 5152 Rufe Snow Dr, North Richland Hills, TX 76180. Meeting in the empty lot in front of WinCo, and then maybe a local restaurant for late breakfast or early lunch.

Got some ideas for getting out onto some backroads for those in the local area. Welcome to additional feedback and suggestions at the meetup.

Hope to see you there!
Great turnout and really enjoyed meeting new folks as well as seeing those from regular group! Looking forward to next meet up! Hopefully not so hot lol

summervijx

Rank V

Advocate III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Summerville
Member #

Fantastic turnout, couldn't be more impressed with this community. Thanks again for meeting up, and look forward to possibly setting up a day trip for next month.

Reactions: Wilson123