Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

One was created for yesterday and listed as Ft Worth and was in North Richland Hills. We also create some that were on Sunday's listed as DFW. Keep an eye out under Rally Points/Upcoming events. Different people have different ones in different areas and just mixed 2 groups yesterday and had great visit. Lots of shade between 3 vehicle's awnings and thanks Brian for bringing cooler of iced bottled water!

the issue here is 'rally points" get set.. and then things fall apart. IF the DFW area wants to grow as a group.. then SOMEONE has to simply drop a note on the thread a few days ahead. WHY?? because the thread sends out an email automatically. if YOU go up and look at this tread I posted a note on May 25th. 2021. the first thing I saw on rallypoint or anything else after looking in May and June.. was NOTHING.

some of us just have too much going on to constantly looking at the rally point on a weekly basis. my comment was simple. a suggestion for someone who sets the rally point to make a post on the thread that something was set... then the rest of us would get an email and put it on the calendar.

the last meet I was at every one was nice but also lamented that few people show up to meets. I am expressing why.....

SIMPLE SOLUTION... one extra step ... not an issue if the group wants to grow. if not... then don't ... simple resolution.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

One was created for yesterday and listed as Ft Worth and was in North Richland Hills. We also create some that were on Sunday's listed as DFW. Keep an eye out under Rally Points/Upcoming events. Different people have different ones in different areas and just mixed 2 groups yesterday and had great visit. Lots of shade between 3 vehicle's awnings and thanks Brian for bringing cooler of iced bottled water!

the issue here is 'rally points" get set.. and then things fall apart. IF the DFW area wants to grow as a group.. then SOMEONE has to simply drop a note on the thread a few days ahead. WHY?? because the thread sends out an email automatically. if YOU go up and look at this tread I posted a note on May 25th. 2021. the first thing I saw on rallypoint or anything else after looking in May and June.. was NOTHING.

some of us just have too much going on to constantly looking at the rally point on a weekly basis. my comment was simple. a suggestion for someone who sets the rally point to make a post on the thread that something was set... then the rest of us would get an email and put it on the calendar.

the last meet I was at every one was nice but also lamented that few people show up to meets. I am expressing why.....

SIMPLE SOLUTION... one extra step ... not an issue if the group wants to grow. if not... then don't ... simple resolution.
You are free and welcome to set up a rally point at any time. Anyone can and several have. You could implement your suggestions. Maybe others will read and also implement to make it easier.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

You are free and welcome to set up a rally point at any time. Anyone can and several have. You could implement your suggestions. Maybe others will read and also implement to make it easier.
right I run 4 companies and deal with crazy political madness from the current administration. like I have time to build a local four wheeling group. this is why the DFW group doesn't grow. when someone makes a suggestion people get butt hurt...

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

right I run 4 companies and deal with crazy political madness from the current administration. like I have time to build a local four wheeling group. this is why the DFW group doesn't grow. when someone makes a suggestion people get butt hurt...
Great thing about this site is those with ideas for change can set them up instead if expecting others to always do it then be offended when not their way

Reactions: UpirLichy and Downs

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

we have set up meets for over two years. we have different people set them up to different locations. we have done one by scheels for the west side people we have been to plano area rockwall/rowlett area we had a lot at grapevine mills. some show up once and never come back. we planeed for a year for going to big bend and moab. we understand people are busy we have done saturday and sunday at different times to see what we get for attendance unless you do free give aways the show ups are small. but we have tried. when you post it and put a 50 mile radius around dfw are 1000s should see it. we get 5 to 15 at best.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

we have set up meets for over two years. we have different people set them up to different locations. we have done one by scheels for the west side people we have been to plano area rockwall/rowlett area we had a lot at grapevine mills. some show up once and never come back. we planeed for a year for going to big bend and moab. we understand people are busy we have done saturday and sunday at different times to see what we get for attendance unless you do free give aways the show ups are small. but we have tried. when you post it and put a 50 mile radius around dfw are 1000s should see it. we get 5 to 15 at best.
carol I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you.

re-read your post. PERHAPS... simply next time you set up an event. a few days out post a reminder on the thread. then you get more than 5 to 15. I have six people in frisco that want to do things. Also there are another 25 people who bought defenders that have no support from the Land rover club (it's dead). If I had known, I could have emailed my contact at land rover frisco who has already said he'd send out a mass email to the defender owners getting mods based off my vehicle. That is 31 people who I have contact (some what) not on this board.. that can be noticed to attend.

it's networking.... it's obvious a core group needs to be rebuilt. THEN a trip to moab or wherever could be done. I have two defenders and mine that are headed to Utah in September for a week in the grand escalante.... all from what I referenced here.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

carol I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you.

re-read your post. PERHAPS... simply next time you set up an event. a few days out post a reminder on the thread. then you get more than 5 to 15. I have six people in frisco that want to do things. Also there are another 25 people who bought defenders that have no support from the Land rover club (it's dead). If I had known, I could have emailed my contact at land rover frisco who has already said he'd send out a mass email to the defender owners getting mods based off my vehicle. That is 31 people who I have contact (some what) not on this board.. that can be noticed to attend.

it's networking.... it's obvious a core group needs to be rebuilt. THEN a trip to moab or wherever could be done. I have two defenders and mine that are headed to Utah in September for a week in the grand escalante.... all from what I referenced here.
Loved our trip to Moab, You have a good sized group with interest, so set something up. No one has to do it for you and your netwirk, as well as others could meet.

Renegade

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Texas
How does a simple suggestion to send a reminder in this thread turn into such crap show?

Jeez no wonder nobody comes to meeting if they read this thread

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Well this has been a fun read lol.

BlueTinCan

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Tripp
Last Name
Westbrook
Member #

Hey, that was neat.

It's now 2022 and perhaps we can get it off to a good start and get some meet ups/trips on the books.

Just throwing it out there. Hopefully it will warm up soon.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Hey, that was neat.

It's now 2022 and perhaps we can get it off to a good start and get some meet ups/trips on the books.

Just throwing it out there. Hopefully it will warm up soon.
There was a small meet this Saturday in weatherford. A few will even be joining us at a “get out of the house” state-parking trip this upcoming weekend. Keep an eye on Tom’s posts

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Great!

Who is Tom and how do I keep an eye on his posts?
Tom Cole, look in the US southwest meets. I’m having trouble with my phone copying the link right now. Usually titled West Fort Worth.

Edit

Reactions: BlueTinCan