Jambin13

Rank 0

Contributor I

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
BENJAMIN
Last Name
FOREST
Hello. I’m in the Ingersoll area. Grew up here and fewer and fewer level Bs to be found. But some good drives around St Charles Winterset area. Nothing crazy but makes for relaxing weekend outing.
There’s a lot of Jeep clubs around. I drive an overland Land Rover Discovery so I don’t really seem to fit in with the local Jeep member events and outings.

John iowa

Rank III

Off-Road Ranger I

Des Moines, IA, USA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kc0ram
Hello. I’m in the Ingersoll area. Grew up here and fewer and fewer level Bs to be found. But some good drives around St Charles Winterset area. Nothing crazy but makes for relaxing weekend outing.
There’s a lot of Jeep clubs around. I drive an overland Land Rover Discovery so I don’t really seem to fit in with the local Jeep member events and outings.
I’m off of 42nd street so close by. The Des Moines 4x4 group is a fun spot for folks who don’t fit in to other groups. It’s not very formal, but they do some good stuff

100seriesfamily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Altoona, IA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Knichel
Member #

Josh from Altoona. Work for Dee Zee sales and product development. Been working on our Jeep line and some stuff for Toyota. Lots more coming. Bought a 100 series few weeks back.

Reactions: mrshuberoverland

515RADO

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Adel, IA, USA
First Name
Wyatt
Last Name
Westberg
Member #

Wyatt from Adel. Just started building my truck. Currently have a bed rack and RRT on the way to get started doing some exploring.

Reactions: mrshuberoverland

UnlostOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Windsor Heights, IA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Norton
Member #

Andrew here in DSM checking in for the first time. I’m no newbie to off-roading or adventure but mainly kept it on two wheels or had vehicles that were more dedicated to rock crawling. This last year I decided to start building out a more dedicated overlanding rig. Excited to get going on the build out and hopefully have some meet ups in the future. If you see me on the road, give a wave.

Current starting point is a 2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator Rubicon.The new rsi smartcap is hella nice and just been drawing up plans all winter for the internal build out. Starts tomorrow with my Genesis dual battery install.

-Unlost Overland

14B73701-2D95-45AC-ABA9-3DD8FB839FE2.jpeg

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Hello Mike, we hope you are well. We are putting together some outings, we would love to get a rigs and coffee going or a trip or two. We are scheduled to get our covid shots, feeling better about getting out to do something. The Dragoon trail is just one on our list. We are making some upgrades to the trailer as soon as we get a couple things delivered. I am also doing a workshop for the State of Iowa the last weekend of April at Wesley Woods in Indianola. Drop us a shout when you can .
Take care
Joe & Sally
Nomad Overlanding

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Andrew here in DSM checking in for the first time. I’m no newbie to off-roading or adventure but mainly kept it on two wheels or had vehicles that were more dedicated to rock crawling. This last year I decided to start building out a more dedicated overlanding rig. Excited to get going on the build out and hopefully have some meet ups in the future. If you see me on the road, give a wave.

Current starting point is a 2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator Rubicon.The new rsi smartcap is hella nice and just been drawing up plans all winter for the internal build out. Starts tomorrow with my Genesis dual battery install.

-Unlost Overland

View attachment 190061
Welcome to OB. Hope to meet you sometime.
Joe

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Joe Hunt here. Nomad Overlanding. What's going on? We have several trips planned and new gear on the rig. Ready and willing to get a get together going or a rigs and coffee. Let's do this. We are heading out tomorrow for a trip but when we get back we would love to have an outing at our place or most anywhere.

Attachments

donj51

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Garner, IA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0WND
Service Branch
Navy
Don here. Moving back to Hancock County from Dodge City this month. Regardinging your original post, I am a ham operator and would like to see some net activity. Well, after I get my shack up. Still looking for my overland rig, a GX470. Maybe after this move I will have more time and motivation.

It almost feels like we are back to a “normal” life, praying it is as COVID has changed us….

Kind Regards and 73 ya’ll

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Don here. Moving back to Hancock County from Dodge City this month. Regardinging your original post, I am a ham operator and would like to see some net activity. Well, after I get my shack up. Still looking for my overland rig, a GX470. Maybe after this move I will have more time and motivation.

It almost feels like we are back to a “normal” life, praying it is as COVID has changed us….

Kind Regards and 73 ya’ll
Sounds good Joe here. KE0UVB

Kimber22

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Des Moines
Member #

Hey everyone. Chris from Altoona. Moving to Greenfield soon and starting another build. This one won't be shy about getting scratched!

Reactions: luchaDor