US Northwest December Meet-Up: Winter Cascades Camping!

• HTML tutorial

Lumbjack_MC

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

Prineville, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Countryman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7FTC
Are we all just meeting at the campsite? Is there a specific route you all are taking to get there? I was just looking at the area on GAIA and trying to figure out the best way to get there.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Chileno206

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA
First Name
Adan
Last Name
Viveros
Member #

Are we all just meeting at the campsite? Is there a specific route you all are taking to get there? I was just looking at the area on GAIA and trying to figure out the best way to get there.
I was hoping to meet somewhere before the NF but I haven't really ask yet. From what I gather google maps indicates
concrete sauk valley road, Finney Creek rd, and NF-17 to destination. If anyone would like to set up a time and place to meet, I'm in!

Jeff Lloyd

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
Member #

I was hoping to meet somewhere before the NF but I haven't really ask yet. From what I gather google maps indicates
concrete sauk valley road, Finney Creek rd, and NF-17 to destination. If anyone would like to set up a time and place to meet, I'm in!
Everybody is going to meet at the campsite. The idea for that is so anybody who wants to go can show up when they are available. Friday, Saturday, even Sunday if that's the only day they have.

I am heading up Friday morning about 9ish or so. I'm flexible on the time. Anybody who wants to meet up with me then can sure follow me up. Let me know

Also if anybody needs clarification on directions or such I can help there too.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

I intend to be there, but it may be a stretch. I should be up Friday evening, I'm guessing around 6:00. I think I'll be driving my Rover, but that could change.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

I intend to be there, but it may be a stretch. I should be up Friday evening, I'm guessing around 6:00. I think I'll be driving my Rover, but that could change.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Sorry everyone for not seeing and replying to questions on here, I didn't get any notifications.

I agree with Jeff and think we should switch to channel 16 for the CB. I'll change the Rally Point here in a minute.

As for wood, Jeff said it. I'll probably bring some of my wood as well.

As for kids and dogs, bring them all!

As for meeting, we are just meeting at the campsite on Friday. I might be able to get off early and head up around noon, so I'd say head up and see if anyone is around and go explore!

No permits required.

Weather: It's going to be cold! Forecast says snow on Saturday evening and rain the rest of the time. Bring clothes/gear accordingly.

Sorry again for not replying to all of your messages. Can't wait to meet you all this weekend and get in some great winter camping!

I also want to take a minute to thank @Jeff Lloyd for all the help.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman

Last edited:

Flying fuzz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, WA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
C
Member #

I will be there Friday morning/afternoon (i live within an hour of there) and will depart Sunday. Questions: Are we hitting any trails or just posting up at camp and hanging out? Also if I am first one on site is there a particular spot that you want us situated or just make camp wherever? I will have my M416 trailer with me and I would rather not set it up and then have to relocate.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and thanks for setting this up @Gabriel Bozeman

Jeff Lloyd

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
Member #

I will be there Friday morning/afternoon (i live within an hour of there) and will depart Sunday. Questions: Are we hitting any trails or just posting up at camp and hanging out? Also if I am first one on site is there a particular spot that you want us situated or just make camp wherever? I will have my M416 trailer with me and I would rather not set it up and then have to relocate.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and thanks for setting this up @Gabriel Bozeman
It is a large open area. If you get there first and get set up then that's your spot. After that we can do whatever we want. There is alot of places around to explore. Finney Creek is close by, lots of roads to get out on or even just sit by the fire!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

We will probably drive around the Forest and see if there are any trails. There are not too many around that area. Jeff would know better. Just set up where you want to!