Rank 0

Traveler I

DFW, TX
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Eddington
Member #

@Tex.Proud will be getting there around noon or 1 and he is going to grab the site next to it and the next person there can grab the site next to it. There is dispersed camping throughout the forest too for free but I like a bathroom.
I went ahead and checked in on here since it looks like I'll make it. I'll grab one of the other sites when I get out there.
Im not sure what time I'll be there yet.

Last edited:

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

do we need to go ahead and book sites or is there a large group camp area?
I reserved Group Site C already. There is Group Site B and it's not too far from C. If we get there early enough we can snag the first come, first serve sites around the Sawmill loop area by Group C

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Tentative - I'm still trying to figure out if I have the weekend free, based on weather/crop completion. I can get my kids to feed the animals. If I do go, I will certainly help with fees, and might be able to find a couple bits of firewood available to bring along.

IMAG1106.jpg

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

Tentative - I'm still trying to figure out if I have the weekend free, based on weather/crop completion. I can get my kids to feed the animals. If I do go, I will certainly help with fees, and might be able to find a couple bits of firewood available to bring along.

View attachment 141900
That's a lot of wood!

KA7USA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ganahl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7USA
Thinking it over. The last trip I chickened out on cause of the forecast...but went to Quartzsite AZ instead. Gonna wait till the dust settles on expenses/bills. :0

Actually found a piece of quartz in all that sandstone.

20200223_185447.jpg

Attachments