Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hello Fellow East Members!!!

I have had this idea running around in my head for a couple years now (And yes, I know there have been folks who have done it). And the only way to make it a reality is with help from all of you. I have had this vision of running from main down to Virginia/Tennessee for a long time. And recently I've been thinking it could be a great trip for the East region. I don't have any experience with some of the southern states for the region. And I understand that realistically there will be quite a bit of pavement. But I think we could find a lot of dirt to string together a great route from South to North or North to South. But like I said. I need help with this. I would love to get one or two folks from each state with a good deal of experience in their respective states to get onto a discussion with me and see if this is even a good possibility. If it is, who knows, maybe we could have an awesome trip to share.

If you have a good deal of experience in your state please get in touch with me. No rush, this is an idea for later, but I want to at least get talking about it.

Thanks!

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Great idea, I know mid_atlantic_expeditions (Instagram) who is also a member here, is doing trans-new jersey expedition soon, that's one state covered.
VT and NH you could potentially spend entire summer on their class IV and VI roads lol I do have some of them mapped.

Reactions: Glenn

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I need to get some kind of idea on route before I can think of dates. Right now I'm sort of thinking late fall or summer 2018.

Reactions: Scout

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

With my move this summer I think summer 2018 is when I'm shooting for. I think I want to try to make it a 10-14 day trip.

Reactions: dziner

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I might be down for some of this! You'll most likely be coming through my area and I'm working on getting the roads around me all checked out and then will begin heading north east toward Staunton and Harrisonburg soon.

Any thoughts about where you would come through Pa into Va?

RedSheep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Harpersfield, NY
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Oakley
Member #

Whilst over the last 15 years, I have gone off-roading in every state encompassed by Appalachia never linked them all up in one trips .. outstanding idea

I've just start working on finding and trying to link up a bunch of the NY state forest trails (seasonal use roads) with as little pavement in-between as I can. Looking at it as my summer project and a good reason to get out and explore some new palaces.

In relation to what your working on "ideally" I should be able to get you from VT/NH or perhaps the NW corner of CT to the PA (thou My goal/dream is to go from Canada say Montreal area threw the Adirondacks and Catskills down to PA) somewhere between Binghamton and the Delaware water gap

As for NE PA not sure but once you get down to Harrisburg/Carlisle you have the whole Michaux Caledonia forest road system all the way into MD. (use to live in Gettysburg and ran there trails many many times)

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Whilst over the last 15 years, I have gone off-roading in every state encompassed by Appalachia never linked them all up in one trips .. outstanding idea

I've just start working on finding and trying to link up a bunch of the NY state forest trails (seasonal use roads) with as little pavement in-between as I can. Looking at it as my summer project and a good reason to get out and explore some new palaces.

In relation to what your working on "ideally" I should be able to get you from VT/NH or perhaps the NW corner of CT to the PA (thou My goal/dream is to go from Canada say Montreal area threw the Adirondacks and Catskills down to PA) somewhere between Binghamton and the Delaware water gap

As for NE PA not sure but once you get down to Harrisburg/Carlisle you have the whole Michaux Caledonia forest road system all the way into MD. (use to live in Gettysburg and ran there trails many many times)
Nice. Maybe we can chat a bit about it a some point with a map in front of me.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I'm waaay over in the sw corner NY..An hour + south of Buffalo and 40 minutes east of Erie,PA..I'd be interested in joining the group when you come through NY.. theres a lot of secondary, farm country, roads around my area but not sure if you'd want to come this far west..I'll definitely be keeping up on this topic..Great idea..

SAFETYRUNNER

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHZ939
This journey sounds intriguing, and I would have time to prepare to be part of at least some of the journey. I can also offer support in the region within 1o0 miles of Philadelphia if I am not rolling. Have a shop, lift, etc.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Been crazy busy recently and haven't been able to check back here as often as I like but I'd be in for this and I'm sure a few others in the area would be too. Following thread.

FJ60pete

Rank 0

Traveler I

Alexandria VA
Member #

You'll be swinging through my neck of the woods. I'm new to OB but I've been adventuring around Appalachia most of my life. I have good maps and coords for several things in the George Washington National Forest when you head through that area.

Reactions: MA_Trooper

Clymber

Rank 0

Traveler I

Vt
Depending on how far north you want this to go I can see if some of my Canuck friends would take over once it crosses the boarder

88 yj

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

outside Gettysburg PA
Member #

Can help out on the PA section. I live within minutes of the Michaux State Forest. Right now there are a couple roads closed for repair, but nice trails around them. Would like to explorer other areas if you know where the trip may come through.