Coyote Flats in a 2 x 4 4Runner?

• HTML tutorial

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

This was probably the most difficult part of the trail. The rocks aren't too sharp here, but it's tougher than the photo can show.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

This looks like some of the spots on the trials we did up in Idylwild a few weeks ago - but wider. The trial in Idylwild gets pretty narrow when in a Super Duty. I noticed a couple of missing tread lugs in the front tires a few days later, ripped out at the roots. LOL

Reactions: theMightyGoose

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

This looks like some of the spots on the trials we did up in Idylwild a few weeks ago - but wider. The trial in Idylwild gets pretty narrow when in a Super Duty. I noticed a couple of missing tread lugs in the front tires a few days later, ripped out at the roots. LOL
A lot of trails get tight in a SuperDuty...

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Haha yeah super duty is huge I am in a burb and boy pint striping is the norm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app
Yea it is better turning radius then the C20 we had years ago, LOL

I have a lot of striping to buff out from our last trip and then I need to put an extra coat of wax on this time.

Thinking of maybe looking into a clear wrap for the sides.

Last edited:

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

Yea it is big better turning radius then the C20 we had years ago, LOL

I have a lot of striping to buff out from our last trip and then I need to put an extra coat of wax on this time.

Thinking of maybe looking into a clear wrap for the sides.
My brother in law was supposed to go with us. He's got a nice new SuperDuty. He changed his mind when he saw the switchbacks. It was probably the right choice. His rig would have taken a beating with the rocks (he definitely would have lost the plastic air dam fender below the front bumper, and probably some of his bumper too. It seems many rocks are more exposed after all the runoff from this winter. But my Tacoma said she had a blast.

Reactions: Daryl 32

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

We do not have to worry too much about the front end:
1) it is old and bent already
2) 6" lift
3) bending it just means I need to start sooner on the winch mounting bumper design
4) It is used and paid for.

Is your brother inlaw's SD a long bed or short bed? Our's is a Crew Cab short bed.

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

We do not have to worry too much about the front end:
1) it is old and bent already
2) 6" lift
3) bending it just means I need to start sooner on the winch mounting bumper design
4) It is used and paid for.

Is your brother inlaw's SD a long bed or short bed? Our's is a Crew Cab short bed.
His is long bed crew cab. It's a beast. But no lift. It's more for pulling big heavy things like his mobile cabin he calls an RV on the freeway.

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

It's not a mobile cabin Mighty, it is a well stocked mobile base camp/command post.

I only say this because we have a 22 ft mobile base camp! LOL :grinning:

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

It's not a mobile cabin Mighty, it is a well stocked mobile base camp/command post.

I only say this because we have a 22 ft mobile base camp! LOL :grinning:
And I only said it that way out of envy... but I'm saving my pennies for when Patriot Campers arrive in the USA.

Bob K

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

long beach , california
Member #

i just got back with some friends from coyote flats and one of my friends took his suburu crosstrek only mod to it was some ko2 tires and he made it all the way up there we did have to spot for him a couple times on some rocks.

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

i just got back with some friends from coyote flats and one of my friends took his suburu crosstrek only mod to it was some ko2 tires and he made it all the way up there we did have to spot for him a couple times on some rocks.
Subarus are badass with the right tires