Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

There is conflicting information if you can catch this more than one time. Here in the USA Dr's are saying you should be immune for a year or possible for life. I hope this bug burns out in the next few months. Hand sanitizer in the truck along with N95 masks, I plan on more time off road than on.

With the Covid-19 strain of corona-virus being so new and acting so differently in who it attacks most and what it does to them, the chapters of this book are being written as we learn details and facts and start assembling and comparing it all.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out as far as building immunity from being exposed, if another spike in confirmed cases and deaths occurs once a society rebounds and comes out of isolation, and how much a vaccine will mitigate future spread, etc.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Checking in again, @76_overlander , to see how you and your family, and country are doing. Been thinking about you and have used the Albert Jaquard, Equation of the Water Lily story several times in person and once or twice online to help demonstrate the exponential potential of what's happening in the world.

Stay safe, stay clean, stay positive. . .

Reactions: 76_overlander

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Thanks @Road for checking in. It looks very long to stay at home but it is for the best. Almost every country whose government was mocking the covid-19 made a U-turn very late and is now facing a deadly crisis, so, well i think french, among others, are pretty happy with choosing life instead of profit. Things will be hard for everyone and when it is over (meaning staying at home), things won't be over (it will take time and efforts to go back to what we think as "normal". Nobody in my family is infected yet and this is the most important thing, because nobody is covidproof and having it is playing russian roulette. I can not express my feelings regarding Boris Johnson, UK prime minister, who had this unique point of view when Europe was starting locking down and decided to tell his citizens to go in bars and restaurants to get infected for a mass immunization strategy. Even mocked social distanciation and safety gestures with a tweet "i was there with plenty of people who had covid19 and you'll be happy to know i shook evereybody's hand". 14 days after is tested positive. 10 days after is in intensive care in hospital. So even if you have power and richness and access to the best medicines, doctors and ventilators, it does not protect you at all. My prayers to the people of America who already suffer so much and yet, it has not even really begun. Hope you're doing good, tell me your story.

Reactions: Road