Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

Core 4x4 makes control arms for several different vehicles now, including Dodge and Jeep. I ran these for 3 years, and I thought I'd share my experience. Even though this is a review of the WJ control arms they produce, it should be pretty much applicable to all of there control arm sets.

THE GOOD:
  • Very budget oriented
  • Sturdy construction
  • Excellent "you break it, we replace it" warranty
  • Many bushing types to chose from
  • Fast shipping, great customer service
THE BAD:
  • Jamb nuts have a tendency to come loose (general complaint of most adjustable control arms)
  • Hardware kit costs extra (and has, in some cases, necessary hardware for installation. This is silly at best and is by biggest ding against these)
  • Uppers are overbuilt to the point that they contact the Unibody/Uniframe at one spot
Take this all in a grain of salt depending on the vehicle you are buying these for, of course.

Would I buy again? Yes, but expect to purchase the hardware packet.

Here's my video review, so you can listen to my weird voice reiterate these points on the fly (basically this post ends up being a tl;dw).

Reactions: ForceXXI

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Currently in the market for new control arms. After seeing your video, Core 4x4 is now on my short list. Warranty seems to be excellent and the fact you can get custom colors. Will definitely check them out further. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: BigTuna117

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Went ahead and bought the Core 4x4 Tier 2 control arm set. So far the ride seems to be pretty good. Had a shop adjust everything to get camber and pinion adjusted right(better than I could do in driveway). Haven't gotten it off road yet but I will update once I get some off road miles on them.

Reactions: BigTuna117