bvanaski

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Vanaski
I absolutely love the Front Runner Wolfpack boxes. They fit great on the roof rack or in the Jeep. They have seen rain and hail and have stayed dry inside. I like the size. Each box is dedicated to a specific need: cooking, food, survival, etc. I also enjoy how well they stack together. I can stack 6 without any issues.

Reactions: John Levers

bvanaski

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Vanaski
I absolutely love the Front Runner Wolfpack boxes. They fit great on the roof rack or in the Jeep. They have seen rain and hail and have stayed dry inside. I like the size. Each box is dedicated to a specific need: cooking, food, survival, etc. I also enjoy how well they stack together. I can stack 6 without any issues.

Attachments

John Levers

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Unity Maine
First Name
John
Last Name
Levers
Member #

Service Branch
Fire Service
how long have you had those case. I'm looking at them and curious on how the hold up over time.

Advocate I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

I'll second that. We keep everything divided up in Wolf Packs as well. When its time to load the rig I just wheel them over on a handtruck.

Reactions: bvanaski

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I use the Dewalt TStack tool boxes. Very modular and many different sizes to choose from. I also use the TStack drawer units that I place on the bottom to use for utensils and spices. These are for my kitchen setup and dry goods. They work out great. Plus I hate lids that aren't attached. They always break or get lost. These also have a single handle which means one handed action.

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

The rigid boxes are pretty popular form what i've seen. I would have gone that route but at my local HD they have a horrible plastic smell to them so I passed and used the yellow top HD ones. I have food in one and camping/cooking split into the other. The wolf pack boxes have intrigued me since I don't need to have cook and camp in the same box but I couldn't get away with food for 4 in a wolf pack. So would need 2 of them. Right now I can fit 3 yellow tops stacked up in the back of my jku with my fridge on the other side. I generally don't put anything on the roof for boxes. My roof is my gazelle tent and my awning.

blacatoe

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Stafford, Virginia, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Because the Front Runner boxes were out of stock I went with the Camp Cover brand. They’re identical in size and quality, they’re even from S.Africa too.

Drkhrts

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US government surplus is another more cost effective option for Bomb proof- just need to look around for the size and type that fits your rig and needs. Mine are Harding’s with automatic pressure releases since they were meant for air travel. Make good seats and a good step up into the truck. I think I got them for $50- 60 a piece.

Attachments

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
I use the Home Depot HDX containers with the yellow lids in a variety of sizes with no problem.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
US government surplus is another more cost effective option for Bomb proof- just need to look around for the size and type that fits your rig and needs. Mine are Harding’s with automatic pressure releases since they were meant for air travel. Make good seats and a good step up into the truck. I think I got them for $50- 60 a piece.
Where would I find these beasts ?