Compressor with air tools. Really?

• HTML tutorial

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

I did use air tools at one time on my job but starting last year we changed over to Milwaukee battery impacts among other tools and they work fantastic. Our shop guys (I work for UPS) take the Milwaukee impact out on road calls for the big rig tractors and they change tires with no problem. Even tire changes on the package cars (Brown trucks) a Milwaukee impact can change all four tires and still have power left.

For those with on broad power management systems, this might be an option to look at if such is a concern. Again, if engineering the details for charging is doable.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

I did use air tools at one time on my job but starting last year we changed over to Milwaukee battery impacts among other tools and they work fantastic. Our shop guys (I work for UPS) take the Milwaukee impact out on road calls for the big rig tractors and they change tires with no problem. Even tire changes on the package cars (Brown trucks) a Milwaukee impact can change all four tires and still have power left.

For those with on broad power management systems, this might be an option to look at if such is a concern. Again, if engineering the details for charging is doable.
X2 on the Milwaukee 1/2” impact. I use mine on a tow truck and around the shop and always lose count of how many tire changes 1 battery will do because the battery lasts so long. I run the 5ah battery in mine and usually grab it for stuff around the shop, including changing f650 tow truck tires because it’s handier than pulling a hose around and is more powerful than my 1/2” air gun. I use the same size cordless tools at home so I just bought the gun and 1 battery since I already had a couple chargers. When I was shopping around Home Depot had the best price. I toss it in the back floorboard when I go on trips and just run a small compressor for tires.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Keith McAlister

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

-:smilingimp:resurrecting:imp:-

Has anyone ever seen a thread where they made their own portable version of this twin ARB compressor?

I've got one, and don't have room to permanently install it - so I wanted to put it into a Storm Case (about the same size as the one ARB sells), and power it similar to their portable product.

I'm just having a hard time getting it wired correctly to do so.
This is my setup, not a portable, but works better than the ones with a One gallon tank. My setup is 3-1/2 gallons. Still need to wire it up. Benz.
IMG_0539.JPG