Colorado/Utah

• HTML tutorial

T&H 2002

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Grand Island, Nebraska
Member #

Hey everyone!! We're new to OB & we start our summer expedition June 1st. We have no destination but know we will be through Colorado, Utah, Arizona & possibly New Mexico. So if you have any jaw dropping secluded places to start us off right, we'd greatly appreciate it!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: bigalpdx

smittycrusher

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Marietta, GA 30062
Member #

OB member 1211 made this video from our trip along Kokopelli/Kane Kreek in SW CO and Moad area a few weeks ago. Let me know if you want more detailed locations for anything you see in the video. I have everything tracked on GAIA.

Smitty

Reactions: murps and T&H 2002

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
If you are in the Moab area, check out White Rim Trail. It is a multi-day trip but some of the most awe inspiring scenery you will ever find.

I second the Alpine Loop in Colorado. It is good for a mildly built expedition vehicle. Pull a trailer only if it is offroad capable and you have lots of experience.

Reactions: T&H 2002

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

OB member 1211 made this video from our trip along Kokopelli/Kane Kreek in SW CO and Moad area a few weeks ago. Let me know if you want more detailed locations for anything you see in the video. I have everything tracked on GAIA.

Smitty
that video is awesome! Will have to add that to the list. Apologies OP if i'm hijacking but @smittycrusher would love to know more about the Tacoma shown at 0:48 in the video. Got any links to their page/build?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
If you are in the Ouray/Silverton/Ouray area, there are an additional two trails I very highly recommend. The first is Corkscrew. Not hard and the views are stunning. Second it Yankee Boy Basin, off of Imogene Pass. It is a great place to spend a day just soaking up the beauty.

A nice shortcut from Silverton/Ouray over to Telluride is Ophir Pass. The locals use it as a shortcut. Virtually any car with more than 4" of ground clearance can make it.

Reactions: murps