Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Etoimos, when you thinking of heading down on Friday? I’m working til 3p but thinking of heading down a day early as well
Sorry man, I can't do Friday now. I'm thinking about hitting the camp ground earlier on Sat though.

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
Alright everyone, the trip is this weekend! If you haven't yet RSVP'd on Rally Point as "going" please do so now! I'll start a group PM with the going list later this week with some final details and FYI's. I looking forward to meeting/seeing y'all again!
Just RSVP'd

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

It is just around the corner, hoping my wife (allergies season) gets to feeling better by Saturday! She has not be getting of work on time so we will defiantly have to show up at the area and search for the group. I will down load the tiles on my tablet so we will have something to go by as we look for the group. On the way home I would like to drive part of the Gold belt tour from Canon city to Cripple Creek. I watched a few u-tube videos and that is one of the most beautiful drives up through Phantom canyon road (page 218 in the FunTreks Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails). It is one lane most of the way with areas to pass and is doable in any vehicle (is a shelf road in some areas). Once you get to Cripple Creek you can head up HWY 67 to Divide/Colorado Springs. I'll call the BLM office down there to be sure it open pretty sure it will be with the weather we've been having this winter. Anyways I look forward to meeting everyone!

Reactions: SoCOTaco

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
It is just around the corner, hoping my wife (allergies season) gets to feeling better by Saturday! She has not be getting of work on time so we will defiantly have to show up at the area and search for the group. I will down load the tiles on my tablet so we will have something to go by as we look for the group. On the way home I would like to drive part of the Gold belt tour from Canon city to Cripple Creek. I watched a few u-tube videos and that is one of the most beautiful drives up through Phantom canyon road (page 218 in the FunTreks Guide to Colorado Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails). It is one lane most of the way with areas to pass and is doable in any vehicle (is a shelf road in some areas). Once you get to Cripple Creek you can head up HWY 67 to Divide/Colorado Springs. I'll call the BLM office down there to be sure it open pretty sure it will be with the weather we've been having this winter. Anyways I look forward to meeting everyone!
Phantom canyon is an amazing little road, we like to multiday camp in the area once known as the town of Adelaide, beautiful area.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Boort

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I'd be up for that drive back as well.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

And just for ease of recognition, here is a pic of my son Kiefer and I (Keith):

And our rig:

kaylodad

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Hollenbaugh
Service Branch
USAF
I'm sure most have found this - but if not here is a link to trail conditions:

http://www.joinfar.org/trails.html

If I don't have a heart attack hiking the incline at Manitou Springs in the morning I'll be there early afternoon.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

I'm sure most have found this - but if not here is a link to trail conditions:

http://www.joinfar.org/trails.html

If I don't have a heart attack hiking the incline at Manitou Springs in the morning I'll be there early afternoon.
Yeah I saw that! I believe those are the conditions for the hiking and MTB trail systems though, not for the road in that area. Given the weather we're supposed to have in the next couple days I think it should dry out pretty quickly. The PM with meet details will go out a little later today with the info on the meet time.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

Reading the page it says there is a fire ban on Red Canyon, will that apply to OWF camping as well?
Not as far as I'm aware. Canon City isn't under a fire ban and I can't find anything for OWF as well. I will check the day of to make sure we abide by the rules, but as of now I believe we're fine.

Corey Carrico

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Highlands Ranch CO
Member #

I was bummed to not be able to make this one and it looks like a great time was had.

I am headed out to Moab May 13-17th for some camping, MTN biking, and trail runs- Fins, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider, Seven Mile Rim are on the list. If anyone happens to be around and wants to run a trail or two let me know. There is a big side by side 4x4 event out there starting on the 15th so we will likely get in trail runs in the earlier part of the trip and stick to MTN bikes to avoid the Jeep trail traffic later in the week.