Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I'd be in for some meet ups in the Springs area as well. Castle Rock might not be a bad place to meet from time to time so north and south could all attend.

Reactions: SoCOTaco

1000Taco0001

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Nalley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0AFK
Definitely! I've heard a lot of interest from people in the Springs, so I'm thinking that in addition to the Denver brewery meets that Gary organizes every month or two, I'll add on one in the Springs area for people from a bit further south. More details will come after this trip as I pick a date and get one organized.
I'd be up for Castle Rock meet also, it is better than Denver and a lot easier to get to after work.

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
If yo
@Douglas Marker - Awesome, I look forward to meeting you! (If you're planning on coming be sure to RSVP on the Rally Point event!)

@Caligirlnic - I'm planning on camping in the Oil Well Flats area. (I'm a MTBer and it's the only place I've camped out there)[/QUO

If you want to camp further away, try Royal Gorge. Its free and there is 1 trail there. Views are pretty nice too.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I would love to run down that way, I went on a trail run next to Woodlawn park (Scharbarth) a few weeks ago, which would be a good otion for some wheeling met-up and maybe an over nighter, but maybe later in the year cause it was quite muddy at the bottom and camp spots might be a little small for a larger group. if I do make it it would just be me (David) as Jan works most Saturdat mornings.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

@SoCOTaco What part of OWF do you camp at? I know the further up the more room and less crowds.
I've only camped there once, but I went just about as far up to the mesa as I could. As of now it's looking like we'll have around 10 rigs, so I'm thinking we'll head up there a bit and find one of the larger open ones in the fields.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

I would love to run down that way, I went on a trail run next to Woodlawn park (Scharbarth) a few weeks ago, which would be a good otion for some wheeling met-up and maybe an over nighter, but maybe later in the year cause it was quite muddy at the bottom and camp spots might be a little small for a larger group. if I do make it it would just be me (David) as Jan works most Saturdat mornings.
Sounds good, we'd love to have you on this trip! The meet time isn't until 4pm in Canon City just in case that changes anything about her availability!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Sounds good, we'd love to have you on this trip! The meet time isn't until 4pm in Canon City just in case that changes anything about her availability!
We talked about it and if we go, I think we would have to plan on catching up with everyone. Never been exploring that neck of the woods, but have done a day trip down to see Biships Castle and used to go to West Clif area for retreats. Will have to see, I would really rather goes as a couple.

Reactions: SoCOTaco

Caligirlnic

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Nicci
Last Name
miller
If we come down it will probably be earlier on Saturday and set up camp. We will also take the bikes and explore OWF I bit. Anyone else up for riding too?
@kaylodad we’ll be bringing our off road camper

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

We talked about it and if we go, I think we would have to plan on catching up with everyone. Never been exploring that neck of the woods, but have done a day trip down to see Biships Castle and used to go to West Clif area for retreats. Will have to see, I would really rather goes as a couple.
No problem, just RSVP to the Rally Point if you end up deciding to go so I can keep you in the loop.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

If we come down it will probably be earlier on Saturday and set up camp. We will also take the bikes and explore OWF I bit. Anyone else up for riding too?
@kaylodad we’ll be bringing our off road camper
Depending on what my weekend looks like I may be down to join, I'd just have to go back into town to meet everyone else. Have you ridden there before?

tofletcher

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Aurora Co.
Member #

Mary said yes so we will be there. Looking forward to meeting some of our fellow Overlanders it will be our first outing with the group. Just got back from Moab & headed for Expo West next.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

Mary said yes so we will be there. Looking forward to meeting some of our fellow Overlanders it will be our first outing with the group. Just got back from Moab & headed for Expo West next.
Awesome, I look forward to meeting you! I know myself and a few others on this trip are going to Expo West too, so it'll be nice to meet some people to try and coordinate camping with!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I was wondering if the area you are planning on camping at Is assessable with a 2whl dr F-150 as we might leave the jeep home and çome down in my truck? Thanks