US Rocky Mountain Colorado - Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass, & More!

• HTML tutorial

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I am not 100% sure, but it sure looks like there are some opportunities right in there.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Agreed!

Does anyone know if there's any reason you couldn't camp there?
I have never seen any signs but the traffic would deter me. You also have to keep your rig on the road. The tundra is very fragile.
If you're moving everyday and driving most of the day, there probably wouldn't be much traffic there after say 5:00 p.m..

On a trip where you're not using a base camp that might be an option I had never considered.

John Lanford

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lanford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki6clm
Yes. Went to silverton after that, hurricane, cinnamon and imogene are not open yet.

j2dxplr

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tempe, Arizona, United States
First Name
Jacq and Jeremy
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Dang, we are going to be a day behind your schedule wanting to hit pretty much the same trails. Maybe we will see you out there. Our main goal is hitting Engineer Pass and disperse camp and explore other trails around the area. But from what others are saying maybe doing the full Alpine Loop is not a high possibility.

Reactions: BroncoTrail

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Dang, we are going to be a day behind your schedule wanting to hit pretty much the same trails. Maybe we will see you out there. Our main goal is hitting Engineer Pass and disperse camp and explore other trails around the area. But from what others are saying maybe doing the full Alpine Loop is not a high possibility.
Our group will b in Ouray the 5th-11 Hope to see some overland bound member badges out there.

BroncoTrail

Rank IV

Influencer II

Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA
First Name
Bronco
Last Name
Trail
Member #

These two groups are great for updates and trail status.