Coleton's 80 Series Slayer Build thread

• HTML tutorial

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello fellow Overlanders....  Here I will update my progress with my FZJ80!

1994 Toyota Landcruiser   AKA "Slayer" (212,000 miles)

Locked Front & Rear

Gear'd (529's)

35's

ARB Front bumper with 12k powered winch with synthetic line (with wireless remote)

Hanna Rear bumper

Slee Sliders

Slee 6 in lift

CB

De-Flared and Lined fenders

Future modifications:

37's, Line entire truck (color and scheme confidential :wink:, Build roof rack and limb risers, DEPO tail lights, JDM door/window rain guards (If I could ever find them)

Pictures:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@cfm80

Awesome dude! Our rigs are very similar. You even have the Hanna rear bumper! I love the way your ride sits. I think I eventually want to go from 2.5" lift (with 1" rear spacers) to a 4" or maybe 6" I don't do a ton of rock crawling but I do some.

Looking forward to seeing future updates!

M

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hahaha! Our rigs are similar Michael,  I agree you'd love the 6 in.... You're rig would look so good with it (Although it looks great as is!)  Do/Have you ever been to Montana Michael?  You'd love it over here.

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Hi Coleton. Welcome to the site. And your rig looks really nice. I like the  mods you have done so far. That is not a lot of miles for a '94

Frisly

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thank you Frisly,  I spent a long time waiting for the right cruiser and glad I waited for one with lockers!  Finding a 80 with less than 200k is pretty difficult, but I have no fear in my 212,000! She runs great...  Need to pin point a power steering leak I have,  one of these weekends...  I have a few ideas sketched out for my roof rack as well, might build it this summer.

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks man,  I'm taking it out this weekend to play. Will snap some good pictures!

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thank's fella's.... I've encountered some "death wobble" in the Slayer recently.  At about 35-45 MPH she gets pretty bad, then past that it's golden.  I'm wondering if steering box is done for,  will have to dig deep into it this weekend but if anyone has any tips on what to check for I'm appreciative!!!