Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer III

Wilmington NC, US
Member #

Its all I use is Coleman built stuff!

This one is a 425E 2 burner
also have a 208 single burner and a 530 single burner that is of 1943 vintage
Have a 2 mantle lantern model 220 and a Catalytic Heater model 512....
I had one of those exact stoves! Any advice on keeping it running? I'm pretty sure the gaskets are shot and the fuel tank is rusted though!

Sent from my XT1575 using OB Talk mobile app

jerdog53

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Mobile Alabama
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Moran
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0ZDX
I had one of those exact stoves! Any advice on keeping it running? I'm pretty sure the gaskets are shot and the fuel tank is rusted though!

The great thing about Coleman is they are completely rebuildable! Do a little google based on the model number of your stoves. Typically two things go bad on these, the pump or the generator. If you can pump up the fuel tank and it builds pressure then the pump is good. If the thing coughs and sputters trying to light then replace the generator all with simple hand tools.

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

I have all my Coleman stuff in a box to drop off at the dump because it's all junk! Lanterns, Coleman kitchen and so on.. big and cheap!

Hey Now!

CapeFearXJ00

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer III

Wilmington NC, US
Member #

The great thing about Coleman is they are completely rebuildable! Do a little google based on the model number of your stoves. Typically two things go bad on these, the pump or the generator. If you can pump up the fuel tank and it builds pressure then the pump is good. If the thing coughs and sputters trying to light then replace the generator all with simple hand tools.
The fuel tank won't hold pressure so I'm thinking the gasket in the pump is bad. How can I rebuild it? New leather gasket?