Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
KENT RAWLINGSON YOU ARE MY HERO having tried every thing perculators etc then thought id masterd cowboy coffee till i seen the chuck wagon cook make it on you tube watch so simple its unreal. And makes the best coffee ive ever brewed

Last edited:

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Looks like I have a bit of reading to do! I have a few different options that I use for different reasons....
-Motorcycle trips or light packing -> MSR MultiFuel stove (25 yrs old), MSR Titanium pot & GSI press
-Quick & dirty trips -> Brew ahead of time and store 1 gallon in glass apple juice bottle, reheat on the stove
-Longer & heavier kit -> Coleman Expedition white gas stove (more than 25 yrs old!) & enameled percolator

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Recently switched up to try something new, the my joy kcup press. I figured since I use kcups at home it will make it easy as I do not need to buy coffee just for trips. First impressions are pretty high. Seems to work fairly well and easy to use. Just fill warm water, put the kcup in and press. Did a trial run at home to test and coffee came out pretty much as expected. For the price I really can't complain. Will be testing some more and see how it holds up. Once I have some more time with it I will be doing my review of it. IMG_20180807_091350.jpeg

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

@Kyle & Kari Frink I got mine off Amazon. I actually used them this past weekend. They worked okay. So your going to want a normal size coffee mug for these. I had a large mug and they were not big enough to fit on it. I had to use one that was in my car. Also, have a good pot for pouring because it takes a few minutes pouring, and then sitting and waiting, and then pouring again. Honestly I'm thinking about just getting a french press after seeing a friend use one on our trip. There is something to be said for being able to have multiple cups of coffee before having to make more.

Reactions: Kurt Struss

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

I'll be trying these in the Smoky Mountains next month. Seems pretty easy and straight forward.

View attachment 62968 View attachment 62969
It was a different brand that I do not recall, but a buddy tossed me one of these in the backcountry of Glacier National Park. Exact same pour over desgin from what I recall. It was tasty for sure. Good dark roast he gave me. But if I recall it was like $3 ea. Tasted fresher than my Starbucks Via but also pricier

bobzdar

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Richmond
I use a primula espresso maker with Pilon espresso and either heat water in my camp teapot for americano or heat milk in it and whip it with a french press for cappuccino. Depends on what the wife is in the mood for. Either way it takes about 5 minutes for 4 cups of coffee (which we drink 2 each, generally) and it's delicious. I sometimes do french press, but the espresso uses a lot less grinds and is 5 minutes quicker for the same mount of coffee; but both are delicious.

Last edited:

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

The new set up. Expanded from the myjo and added the jetboil flash. As before I switched to the myjo since I use kcups at home makes it so I do not have to buy coffee separate just for trips. This with the jetboil from set up to coffee is less then 5 minutes. To me that is fantastic timing since I am not moving quickly with the severe lack of caffeine in my system lol. IMG_20180905_133402.jpeg